Hay

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I received a flyer in the mail from a place I bought hay from a few times. My first few purchases there were great quality, but the last time I went there the hay I got was very thorny and punctured my hands with almost every bale!

They offered that I could bring the hay back to exchange it, but I didn't want to make that 2 hour round trip again. So I gave the hay away to one of the livestock foster homes that helps us out. They used it for the goats.

Mount Victoria Farm
Says: Amish Grown
301-481-4165
Newburg, MD

Says they sell premium orchard grass for $4-$6 per bale (40-45 lbs) and Premium Alfalfa $5.50-7.50 per bale (45-50 lbs).

Also says inquire about bulk pricing and shipping.

Over-all I'd recommend them, just if I went back I'd be more cautious about checking the bales for thorns before I left with my load.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
They offered that I could bring the hay back to exchange it, but I didn't want to make that 2 hour round trip again. So I gave the hay away to one of the livestock foster homes that helps us out. They used it for the goats.
I've never heard of this, are the common?

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I've never heard of this, are the common?

It's just someone with a farm that fosters farm-type critters for us (some become permanent residents) ..... hence the term livestock ..... could have said farm foster home I guess.