Hazel needs help, please help us improve her senior life.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I think she has fallen in love with Hazel. That's a good thing.

Honestly I really have, but I need to be careful and always keep what's best for the critter as the priority. What is VERY important to me right now is getting the kitties placed, even if only in foster homes. The foster-home situation seems to get critters adopted faster - I love the prospect of them being in family homes by Christmas :smile:.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
so we were in Petsmart and saw this cute little Buzzy Bee hat that was on Clearance ... poor Hazel was like - WTH?

20141023_135120.jpg

PJay

so we were in Petsmart and saw this cute little Buzzy Bee hat that was on Clearance ... poor Hazel was like - WTH?

View attachment 105033

Funny. Each time I take my Dixie there she trys on a number of hats.. We have a deal, she endures the torture for a few smiles, laughs, picture taking and I leave the store having purchased none. My album is full of cuteness.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Funny. Each time I take my Dixie there she trys on a number of hats.. We have a deal, she endures the torture for a few smiles, laughs, picture taking and I leave the store having purchased none. My album is full of cuteness.

My good moment was when what I thought was $3-something on clearance actually rang up for less than $2 :smile:.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Hazel dances when she's hungry (video)

I promised Roman I'd get this uploaded. Hazel gets so happy to eat that she dances.

[video=youtube;QjkhnMTSJkg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjkhnMTSJkg[/video]

Roman

I promised Roman I'd get this uploaded. Hazel gets so happy to eat that she dances.

[video=youtube;QjkhnMTSJkg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjkhnMTSJkg[/video]
Thank you Ark! She is such a sweetie pie, and you can tell she is loved. Now all you have to get her to do is to sing while she dances, and maybe she'll have a slot on the Dave Letterman show.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I heard strange sounds and went to investigate ...

[video=youtube;tON1d4oikO8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tON1d4oikO8[/video]

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
So ...... Hazel is doing fine, seems to be walking well on her joint supplement, and is ready to be offered for adoption. Even if she really is 10 years old already, she has many good years left based on how well she can dance for her food. She is very sweet. She will whine to go outside to potty but we tend to take her out regularly enough that she rarely feels the need to whine. She sleeps in her crate at night (else she may have a pee accident), and she has never peed in the crate. She is VERY subordinate and if you raise your voice or yell, she will run and hide (poor baby).

Hazel has had all her vet work done (spayed, Rabies, Distemper, micro-chipped) and she is a people person for sure! She wants to be wherever you are. Ideally she would be adopted by a household where someone is home a lot. However, that isn't necessary as she will wait patiently for you to come home to get some love. Hazel only has about 11 good teeth left after her dental surgery. So we soak her dry food in water a few hours prior to feeding her (I basically rotate bowls of food in the fridge). Hazel's adoption fee is $175 to cover some of her vet expenses. Hazel gets along with dogs, cats, babies, etc. Honestly Hazel is one of the best and sweetest dogs ever on earth!

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Hazel is still looking for a forever home. We have been slacking on promoting her due to putting emphasis on getting the stressed kitties placed. We are amazed at how great Hazel looks after a year of good nutrition and love. She walks better, and she seems like a much happier girl. Hoping we can find her a good home. She is housebroken, and due to her many missed meals in the past, she is always checking the floor in case you dropped something edible :smile:. If you'd like to meet Hazel just let us know.

Hazel is approximately 11 years old, 21 lb Beagle female that has been spayed, and she is up-to-date on her vaccinations, and has been de-wormed. Hazel like other dogs, cats, has had exposure to chickens, horses, and a peahen and shows no interest in them. Just a perfect low ranking dog that would fit into almost any home.