Hazelwild Shows

Duckz

Is anyone going this weekend? Any plans to do their winter series? A few of us AMIT people are going Sunday afternoon for the hunter divisions.

spellbound

I know some Virginians that will be there.

I would like to go to the ones they are having in December. Too busy with other shows over the next few weeks.

fredsaid2

How far is that from here? Is it worth the drive?

Have only been to one but it was very nice. Great footing in the outdoor, nicely done jumps, plenty of parking in the back field and well turned out horses and riders. It was about an hour and a half from here.

kmbetit

K Betit
Have only been to one but it was very nice. Great footing in the outdoor, nicely done jumps, plenty of parking in the back field and well turned out horses and riders. It was about an hour and a half from here.

ooooo! :howdy: thanks! Do they have a website?

Sparks

How was the show Duckz?

I was going to go to the ride at Mt. Victoria but I was a tad hung-over, couldn't drag my butt off the couch. :alkies:

Last edited:

devinej

here's what i heard back about more hazelwild shows:
We have two hunter and one jumper horse show here December, Jan. and Feb, with one in March. We do use our indoor ring and the Hunter shows are VHSA/BHSA. If you would like a prizelist, please call 540-891-7101. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Beth

Beth R. Boteler
Head Coach
Equestrian Team
University of Mary Washington

Duckz

How was the show Duckz?

I was going to go to the ride at Mt. Victoria but I was a tad hung-over, couldn't drag my butt off the couch. :alkies:

Whoops, hope it was a good party :whistle: I was out til 2:30AM at a costume party, then crawled out of bed at 8:00 :cds:

Show was good, they held it in the indoor since the outside ring was sloppy. Lincoln handled it like a pro and got good ribbons in the 3' hunter division. It seemed well-managed, although I understand the winter shows will be under different management.

Sparks

Whoops, hope it was a good party :whistle: I was out til 2:30AM at a costume party, then crawled out of bed at 8:00 :cds:

Show was good, they held it in the indoor since the outside ring was sloppy. Lincoln handled it like a pro and got good ribbons in the 3' hunter division. It seemed well-managed, although I understand the winter shows will be under different management.

Yeah, it was a good one! :party:

That's great you and Lincoln had a good day. So how long did it take you to get there? I'm assuming you went across the 301 bridge?

Duckz

From Leonardtown we took 234 to 301 and went over the bridge. It's a pretty easy drive, only took us about an hour and forty minutes. Just don't take the "shortcuts" recommended by your GPS and you'll be fine :whistle: