He could probably be more annoying if he tried

DaSDGuy

Finally! we have a shitty neighbor. He's next to us blasting the radio, cussing at his grill because he can't get it lit, cages his German Shepherd outside unattended so it barks and whines all day, and is an ass in general. Coincidentally, or not, he's the guy with a pineapple on his table.

Yeah, buddy, you're not gonna get any takers acting like that.

I thought for a few minutes about going over and verbally abusing him. I also thought about telling the campground people to pay him a visit. Then I decided to ignore him <--- this decision may or may not hold. I'm less annoyed now that I've typed all that out, so we'll see....

I don't really understand people who are so ignorant and have so little awareness of others.
Set up the outside speakers and play Reveille at sunrise on full volume. Tell him you are just trying to adjust to his rules of etiquette.

• Haha
Reactions: BOP

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Now he's freaking talking to himself. :lol: I thought he was on the phone but then I listened and he's just free associating - talking to his grill, his picnic table, musing in general.... I heard a * thunk * and him yelling, "OW!!" really loud like he wanted to alert the whole campground that he stubbed his toe or whatever.

He has a crew of pals - they were all over there yesterday for a cookout. So it's a pack of psychos....or maybe not.....

I'm not normally a nosy neighbor because I don't care enough about strangers to spend any time on them, but this guy is forcing me to notice him. So now I've made up this whole story about him to entertain myself.

He's a semi-mental goober who never had any friends, so he's lonely and craves attention. The people over there yesterday don't even know him, he just invited them over for free beer and burgers and they were like, "Sure!" He yells weird things in hopes that someone will come over and ask him what's wrong or engage him in some way. Even screwy swingers are better than nothing, hence the pineapple.

A nicer person than me would take pity and go over to befriend him. I have learned my lesson about that sort of thing and now I don't engage with strangers I can't easily extract myself from. They're like stray cats - once you feed them you'll never get rid of them.

Clem72

Unfortunately it will end up like a teenage me getting up early in Bal Harbor to see the nudists on the beach only to find out none of them were under 80.

Used to enjoy visiting my grandmother's place as a kid. There was a river with a real nice beach about 1/2 mile through the woods behind her house and pretty much any warm weekend there were several hippies in their birthday suits on the beach.

Probably the same people you are seeing today, they just aren't as fun to look at anymore.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I think @DaSDGuy was on the right track.... find something that would annoy the hell out of him. When he complains, tell him you will knock it off if he will.

PeoplesElbow

Used to enjoy visiting my grandmother's place as a kid. There was a river with a real nice beach about 1/2 mile through the woods behind her house and pretty much any warm weekend there were several hippies in their birthday suits on the beach.

Probably the same people you are seeing today, they just aren't as fun to look at anymore.
This was back in the late 80s in south Florida so it was probably the hippies grandparents after a cocaine fueled night of debauchery.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Now he's freaking talking to himself. :lol: I thought he was on the phone but then I listened and he's just free associating - talking to his grill, his picnic table, musing in general.... I heard a * thunk * and him yelling, "OW!!" really loud like he wanted to alert the whole campground that he stubbed his toe or whatever.

He has a crew of pals - they were all over there yesterday for a cookout. So it's a pack of psychos....or maybe not.....

I'm not normally a nosy neighbor because I don't care enough about strangers to spend any time on them, but this guy is forcing me to notice him. So now I've made up this whole story about him to entertain myself.

He's a semi-mental goober who never had any friends, so he's lonely and craves attention. The people over there yesterday don't even know him, he just invited them over for free beer and burgers and they were like, "Sure!" He yells weird things in hopes that someone will come over and ask him what's wrong or engage him in some way. Even screwy swingers are better than nothing, hence the pineapple.

A nicer person than me would take pity and go over to befriend him. I have learned my lesson about that sort of thing and now I don't engage with strangers I can't easily extract myself from. They're like stray cats - once you feed them you'll never get rid of them.
Maybe the pineapple worked?

KingFish

Nothing to see here

Attachments

• glad.jpg
    glad.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 80

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Your annoying neighbor is a problem that's temporary -- you will be gone at some point soon.
I have a neighbor as bad as this, or arguably worse, next door -- definitely bipolar, very loud, very nosey, yells at us and our kids. Not happy times.

He must have read my post about hitting him up for free food and beer because he pulled out that morning. :frown:

Now our neighbors are a bunch of bikers here (PCB) for Bike Week, but they'll be gone tomorrow or Monday. They're older and mellow, not young buttheads.

Sorry about your neighbors. That's one of the good things about being transient: nothing annoying is permanent.