He knows what we are going through.

seekeroftruth

Hebrews 2:5 It is not to angels that he has subjected the world to come, about which we are speaking. 6 But there is a place where someone has testified:
“What is mankind that you are mindful of them,
a son of man that you care for him?
7 You made them a little lower than the angels;
you crowned them with glory and honor
8 and put everything under their feet.”
In putting everything under them, God left nothing that is not subject to them. Yet at present we do not see everything subject to them. 9 But we do see Jesus, who was made lower than the angels for a little while, now crowned with glory and honor because he suffered death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone.
10 In bringing many sons and daughters to glory, it was fitting that God, for whom and through whom everything exists, should make the pioneer of their salvation perfect through what he suffered. 11 Both the one who makes people holy and those who are made holy are of the same family. So Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers and sisters. 12 He says,
“I will declare your name to my brothers and sisters;
in the assembly I will sing your praises.”
13 And again,
“I will put my trust in him.”
And again he says,
“Here am I, and the children God has given me.”
14 Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might break the power of him who holds the power of death—that is, the devil— 15 and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death. 16 For surely it is not angels he helps, but Abraham’s descendants. 17 For this reason he had to be made like them, fully human in every way, in order that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God, and that he might make atonement for the sins of the people. 18 Because he himself suffered when he was tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted.
Here's the link to the commentary.

You have made him a little lower than the angels: In chapter one, the writer to the Hebrews brilliantly demonstrated from the Scriptures the deity of Jesus and His superiority over all angels. Now he demonstrates the humanity of Jesus from the Scriptures and applies the implications of Jesus’ humanity
Made a little lower than the angels, for the suffering of death: If God the Son did not add humanity to His deity, and in His humanity become a little lower than the angels, then He could never experience the suffering of death on our behalf.​

Crowned with glory and honor, that He, by the grace of God, might taste death for everyone: This tells us that the suffering of death for Jesus was only a prelude to being crowned with glory and honor. It also tells us that His death was, in some way, for everyone.​
Release those who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage: The fear of death rules as a tyrant over humanity. Some try to make peace with death by calling it their friend. But Christians have no fear of death (though perhaps a fear of dying), not because death is their friend but because it is a defeated enemy that now serves God’s purpose in the believer’s life.
Made like His brethren: If Jesus were not like us He could not be our High Priest, representing us before the Father and making atonement (propitiation) for our sins.​
He is able to aid those who are being tempted: Because Jesus added humanity to His deity and experienced human suffering, He is able to help us in temptation. He knows what we are going through.

Jesus was born a human baby. He was raised as a human boy. When the schoolyard bully got up in Jesus' face, Jesus was tempted to knock the fire out of that bully.... but He resisted the temptation.

Can you imagine what Jesus could have done to the schoolyard bully if His mission didn't call for Him to submit. Jesus could have called down angels to hoist the schoolyard bully onto the flagpole, and spank his bottom for all to see. I'm sure it was tempting.... but Jesus didn't lose it. He kept His cool, even as a boy, and turned the other cheek.

We're all going to be judged. Jesus will be there to explain to God how it feels to be beaten by a bully. Jesus will be there to explain how it feels to be a bully. Jesus knows what humans go through when they have to deal with other humans on this earth. Jesus will be there as our witness, that we did the best we could.... because Jesus was human.... fully human. Jesus knows what it's like to have the thingy cut at 8 days. Jesus knows what it's like to mourn a dear friend and cousin. Jesus knows what it's like to have the government decide your fate. Jesus will testify for His Brothers and Sisters in Christ. We're all going to be judged... and now, since Jesus "knows what it's like"... the judgement will be fair.

He knows what we are going through.

:coffee: