He Resigned!! Mike Brown Of Fema....

Toxick

Splat
Qpid said:
:lmao:

this is not a joke people.

it was just a matter of time. :dance:

Wow - the media and the left have finally hounded someone badly enough that they threw in the towel.

Congratulations.

Otter

Nothing to see here
Qpid said:
:lmao:

this is not a joke people.

it was just a matter of time. :dance:

Thats the difference between a Lib and a Conservative..A Conservative screws up, he admits it, resigns..A Lib will never acknowledge an error, admits to nothing and tells you what a great job he/she is doing.

Qpid

Toxick said:
Wow - the media and the left have finally hounded someone badly enough that they threw in the towel.

Congratulations.

Had he did his job, the media would have nothing to hound him about.

This was for the best anyway.

Toxick

Splat
Qpid said:
Had he did his job, the media would have nothing to hound him about.

Personally, I'd like to see his job description.

I'm wondering if "Maintaining a First Response Team for local catastrophes" is part of it.

But Liberals wanted conservative blood. And the media delivered, although soundly placing blame on the the real target (Bush) was too much of a fantasy stretch.

Qpid said:
This was for the best anyway.

Maybe so.

I am by no means, however, convinced that this is a true statement.

Qpid

vraiblonde said:
:rolleyes: Yeah, because you know so much about emergency management.

Get off his nutz already....

the man brought it upon himself.

and now Bush is in even more hot water cuz he had the nerve to COMMEND the man!!!! :lmao:

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
I heard he has many job offers in Florida, citing the excellent handling of the 4 hurricanes that blasted them all at once last year, but he had to turn them down when libs. started screaming about the Bush's connection to Florida. :rolleyes:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Toxick said:
I'm wondering if "Maintaining a First Response Team for local catastrophes" is part of it.
Of course not. Everyone knows that GEORGE BUSH is the first-responder. The minute a disaster happens, Bush is supposed to grab his resuscitator, jump in his firetruck and speed to the site to personally rebuild hurricane damaged homes.

Don't you read Qpid's posts?

gumby

I AM GUMBY DAMMIT
Maybe someone can now move the focus to the screwed up job the Mayor and Governor did......but that'll never happen. They have their scapegoat. Or at least one of them. Who's next Homeland Security people?? :confused:

Pete

Repete
Qpid said:
Get off his nutz already....

the man brought it upon himself.

and now Bush is in even more hot water cuz he had the nerve to COMMEND the man!!!! :lmao:
Qpid please. Listen very carefully. FEMA is not a rescue or aide agency. It is primarily a financial agency to financially aide victims of natural disasters. The goobers in NO needed a boat and a bottle of water, not a check from the government. You can't drink a check or float out of a flooded city on it.

The local government is supposed to, and funded to, provide for an emergency such as this. They misspent the money and had a shiatty plan and then didn't follow their own shiatty plan. That is not Brown's fault, that is the fault of the mayor and the governor.

Next, the National Guard is under the control of the governor. She refused to turn over control to the federal government. Until she does the guard does not take orders or direction from the federal government.

Brown had no way of rescuing people, feeding people, or ordering the national guard in faster. It is not his fault.

The local goobers frustrated with their own ineffectiveness lashed out at the "big bad federal government" for not beaming themselves and truckloads of supplies to NO within minutes of the storm passing. Brown was a good target because the "E" in "FEMA" means "emergency" and the press was more than happy to blast him too.

Lets refresh:

FEMA = NO BOATS
State dept of Natural resources = BOATS

FEMA = No truckload of water
State Emergency plan mandated stockpile of supplies = Water

FEMA = No shelters
State disaster plan designated shelters and EFS providers
Red Cross, United Way, Catholic Charities, Salvation Army = Shelters

From the FEMA web site

"When they do, local and state officials are the first to respond. If the loss of life and property overwhelms this response, the federal government -- including FEMA -- is called upon to help."

Tons of good reading on the FEMA.gov website about the many FINANCIAL programs FEMA has, but not one mention of a boat or a bottle of water.

OK, despite your just liking to stir the pot I would like to ask you a sincere question.

Do you care enough about human life and are disgusted by the tragedy in the gulf region and the lack of preparedness to make sure it gets fixed?

If so are you sure that the problem getting fixed is a bigger priority than Republican bashing?

Are you REALLY sure you can call a spade a spade and blame the real losers?

OR

Are you content in bashing Republicans, Bush, Brown and all the others while the real people who caused this to happen skulk around blame free?

Qpid

Pete said:
Do you care enough about human life and are disgusted by the tragedy in the gulf region and the lack of preparedness to make sure it gets fixed?

If so are you sure that the problem getting fixed is a bigger priority than Republican bashing?

OR

Are you content in bashing Republicans, Bush, Brown and all the others while the real people who caused this to happen skulk around blame free?

1. YES.

2. YES.

3. No. The Bush Admin (gov't) & F.E.M.A. are to blame.

BuddyLee

Football addict
vraiblonde said:
Of course not. Everyone knows that GEORGE BUSH is the first-responder. The minute a disaster happens, Bush is supposed to grab his resuscitator, jump in his flight suit and speed to the site to personally rebuild hurricane damaged homes.

Don't you read Qpid's posts?
:fixed::biggrin:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Qpid said:
I get it now. You realize that Democrats are too ignorant to do their own jobs, so you don't expect them to - you expect George Bush to do their job for them.

It's clear now - thanks :yay:

Pete

Repete
Pete said:
Qpid said:

Thank you for being honest enough to answer truthfully that you are not a big enough person to call a spade a spade. Keep clinging to your little minded hatred of Republicans, it does you well. :lmao:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Qpid said:
Had he did his job
Why do people do this? "Did"?!?!?!?! It's "done", dang it.

And another thing...... why do people use "seen" instead of "saw", as in "I seen Clyde down at the Piggly Wiggly". Drives me crazy every time.

All other posts, except for Qpid, make a crap-load of sense.

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
gumby said:
Maybe someone can now move the focus to the screwed up job the Mayor and Governor did......but that'll never happen.
Hell, Mayor Nagin received one of the game balls after the Saints won yesterday. He's their hero, alright.

Pete

Repete
hvp05 said:
Hell, Mayor Nagin received one of the game balls after the Saints won yesterday. He's their hero, alright.
Ah, don't fret it. Give it 5 or 6 years and he will be enjoying the same fate as 80% of the LA politicians......he will be doing 10 years for fraud and conspiracy in a federal penn in Iowa. :roflmao:

Think about it....they are going to have to get more pumps in NO to deal with the drool. $65 BILLION headed to NO and lower MS? These petty criminals are drooling and just now dreaming up scams to get their cut.