He thinks he has a choice???

transporter

Trump says he will not release his tax returns

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump on Wednesday held steady in his refusal to publicly release his tax returns, despite mounting pressure in Congress that is likely to spur a legal battle for the documents to be disclosed.

Speaking to reporters at the White House, Trump said Americans did not care about the issue and that his returns were being audited by the Internal Revenue Service, which tax and legal experts have said does not prevent their release.

“I would love to give them, but I’m not going to do it while I’m under audit. It’s very simple,” Trump told reporters.

What a buffoon. As has been the case during the entirety of his term as President, Donald Trump either just disregards the law or believes he is above it. This is our "law and order" President. The law and order applies to everyone...but him.

The request made of the IRS by Congress is not a "Public release". The returns are to be viewed in "closed session" and not an open hearing.

The statute under which the returns were requested is made of the IRS. It is not a request made of the individual taxpayer.

But besides all that, the same basic question continues to haunt everything Trump says and does. What is he hiding? EVERY other President for the past 50 years has released his taxes.

This_person

The White House said two years ago that the president was not going to release his taxes - how is this "news" to anyone?

Conway replied, "The White House response is that he's not going to release his tax returns. We litigated this all through the election. People didn't care. They voted for him."

This_person

Its' just a continuation of Democrats tyrannical tantrum.
Be interesting to see what they think they are going to do with them even if the closed/executive session of the committee gets the taxes. Since it's illegal to release anything on them, they can't do anything with them.

The same law that Tranny is so happy exists thwarts any release of any information from those.

It's really hilarious.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
I'm not sure he has to. This - while Trump is in office - is a face-off between TDS Dems and Trumps that also happens to be a face-off between the legislative and executive branches. Even if it went to the Supreme Court he would not necessarily have to if ruled against (and I'm betting he wouldn't be ruled against).

These Congressional attack chihuahuas would stand a better chance once Trump was out of office. But in DC land 6 years down the road is the same as the end of time. And it would no longer serve any useful purpose. Also, would show that the whole she-bang was personal....

Of all the attack angles the Dems can/could play, to my mind, this is the weakest. My rec to Trump would be: don't budge. Hold your cards.

P.S. Just because "every previous President..." is irrelevant. It's also a case of "fallacy of the appeal to antiquity/tradition." Basic rhetorical tactic easily defeated.

P.P.S. BTW, just received a letter in the mail from a Nigerian prince who told me that in exchange for USD 2 million he could have me recognized as a Nobel laureate. In any field I wanted, no less. I'm going with the "Intersectional, Gender, Race, Astrophysics, & Economics" category. Thoughts?

--- End of line (MCP)

Last edited:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
P.P.S. Just received a letter in the mail from a Nigerian prince who told me that in exchange for USD 2 million he could have me recognized as a Nobel laureate. In any field I wanted, no less. I'm going with the "Intersectional, Gender, Race, Astrophysics, & Economics" category. Thoughts?

That's the same one Sappy has, isn't it?

Reactions: BOP

This_person

P.S. Just because "every previous President" is irrelevant. It's also a case of "fallacy of the appeal to antiquity/tradition." Basic rhetorical tactic easily defeated.
A. It's factually inaccurate (otherwise known as a lie, but I give Tranny the BOD that Tranny is simply uninformed, not willfully lying).
B. Based on that argument, no laws would ever change. Ever. No one ever instituted an income tax, so why was the first one instituted? "EVERY president prior to that first time didn't do it, so it is clearly invalid to do."

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
This IS news to the trannies of the world. Jerry Clower said it best. She's just like a goose, and wakes up to a new world every day...

Yooper

If I may ...

Well duh. Of course he has a choice. We all have choices. Are you really that stupid? That's a rhetorical question.
I feel compelled for some strange reason to engage you in an a debate over Free Will.

--- End of line (MCP)

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Very good:

You can choose a ready guide
In some celestial voice
If you choose not to decide
You still have made a choice
You can choose from phantom fears
And kindness that can kill
I will choose a path that's clear
I will choose free will

Midnightrider

Its' just a continuation of Democrats tyrannical tantrum.
might be, but this tyime they actually have the law on their side. Either house chair can subpeona any american's tax records regardless of elected or appointed position. Its just that simple.

Yooper

If I may ...
Well duh. Of course he has a choice. We all have choices. Are you really that stupid? That's a rhetorical question.

I feel compelled for some strange reason to engage you in an a debate over Free Will.

If I may ...
Hmmmm. This is a good thing?
Oh well. Just trying to riff on the "we all have choices" by joking about Free Will. As in, do we? Do we really?

Apparently, not a good riff on my part.

--- End of line (MCP)

This_person

might be, but this tyime they actually have the law on their side. Either house chair can subpeona any american's tax records regardless of elected or appointed position. Its just that simple.
It's a request, not a subpoena.

While they can, it clearly does not mean that the IRS must supply them (see below). And, they can only do it in closed session, so they can do essentially nothing with an individual's information.

nutz

Trump says he will not release his tax returns

What a buffoon. As has been the case during the entirety of his term as President, Donald Trump either just disregards the law or believes he is above it. This is our "law and order" President. The law and order applies to everyone...but him.

The request made of the IRS by Congress is not a "Public release". The returns are to be viewed in "closed session" and not an open hearing.

The statute under which the returns were requested is made of the IRS. It is not a request made of the individual taxpayer.

But besides all that, the same basic question continues to haunt everything Trump says and does. What is he hiding? EVERY other President for the past 50 years has released his taxes.
Why haven’t you posted yours?

awpitt

Main Streeter
It's a request, not a subpoena.

While they can, it clearly does not mean that the IRS must supply them (see below). And, they can only do it in closed session, so they can do essentially nothing with an individual's information.

Well, since it seems that the "request" was turned down, I guess their next step will will be an actual subpoena.

Rommey

And, they can only do it in closed session, so they can do essentially nothing with an individual's information.
You know that they'll review it in closed session and still somehow the information will find its way to the NY Times or Wash Post. And I predict the information will be used to launch numerous hearings and those hearings will divulge the information "because the American people have a right to know...."