He Was Offended By A Private Video She Sent To A Friend. So He Waited A Year To Post It And Ruin Her Life.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Four years ago, 15-year-old Mimi Groves, then a freshmen at Heritage High School in Virginia, was excited to get her learner’s permit. After receiving it, she sent her friend a 3-second Snapchat video in which she said: “I can drive, [n-word]!”

Somehow, the video was circulated among a few students at school. It survived for years, and, last year, Jimmy Galligan, who was a senior along with Groves at Heritage, ended up seeing it. Galligan, whose mother is black and whose father is white, said he was offended by the video. Instead of explaining the issue with a white girl using the slur to Groves herself, Galligan held onto the video and waited until he could use it against Groves to destroy her.

Typically, such an act would be seen as bullying, but in today’s pro-cancel-culture society, Galligan received a New York Times profile and the story presented from his point of view, along with a headline clearly favoring his actions. “A Racial Slur, a Viral Video, and a Reckoning,” reads the Times headline about Galligan’s act.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I thought Snapchat was one of those that disintegrated within a minute or something?

Anyway, if you read the original story there's a lot to unpack, none of which generates sympathy for this kid. I mean, misfit wokesters with facial piercings and blue mohawks are probably all over him, but he comes across as looking for mainstream acceptance. And yeah, that's not how you do that.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Unless of course you use an app thats made to screenshot it.

I don't think they had those apps 4 years ago. Wasn't Snapchat pretty new then?

DaSDGuy

Jimmy/Jim/James Galligan from Heritage High School in Virginia. I'll watch for that name while reviewing resumes and transcripts.
I can watch for years too.

Hijinx

Mulatto's seem to be prone to getting more upset at being partially black than actual black people,
Although in America there aren't that many fully black people around.
Most all of them appear to have varying degrees of white incorporated in their genes.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Mulatto's seem to be prone to getting more upset at being partially black than actual black people,
Although in America there aren't that many fully black people around.
Most all of them appear to have varying degrees of white incorporated in their genes.

If their ancestors were slaves, they likely do have some white incorporated in their genes. Guess why?

Next time think before you post.

Hijinx

If their ancestors were slaves, they likely do have some white incorporated in their genes. Guess why?

Next time think before you post.

Hell I knew that and yes you are right. It doesn't change the fact that my statement is correct.
Why should anyone deny it. It's a historical fact. One they cannot tear down like a Statue of Robert E. lee.
I see you and Hank are working together on me . LMAO.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Hell I knew that and yes you are right. It doesn't change the fact that my statement is correct.
Why should anyone deny it. It's a historical fact. One they cannot tear down like a Statue of Robert E. lee.
I see you and Hank are working together on me . LMAO.

I'm not even sure why you'd make that statement. What was the point of it?

Hijinx

I'm not even sure why you'd make that statement. What was the point of it?

Statements in this forum have to have a point ?
The point was that this man was so bitter as to attack this woman because he was of mixed race and offended by her snapshot for that reason.
The girl was a kid and IMO she was using a euphemism she had heard in her school or on TV or a movie , A euphemism that blacks accept coming from one of them, but they sh1t their pants when it comes from a white person. She meant no offense by it, but he took offense so badly that he used it later to hurt her. Why because he had black blood. I hope that explains my point it to you.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Thats what gets me. It's usage by that girl was not as a slur. She didn't call him or anyone else by that name.

She used it in the colloquial sense, but I still don't like that kind of talk. Only trashy black people call each other racial slurs, therefore it's also trashy when white people do it. I don't want to hear the argument that, "Oh well black people call each other *****!" If you want to sound ignorant like them you go right ahead and I will happily point out to you how you sound talking like that.

(You figuratively, not you glhs personally)

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Unless of course you use an app thats made to screenshot it.
Or another phone to record it while viewing it.

glhs837

Power with Control
She used it in the colloquial sense, but I still don't like that kind of talk. Only trashy black people call each other racial slurs, therefore it's also trashy when white people do it. I don't want to hear the argument that, "Oh well black people call each other *!" If you want to sound ignorant like them you go right ahead and I will happily point out to you how you sound talking like that.

(You figuratively, not you glhs personally)

Dont like it myself, but if the point is about it being used as a slur, I dont understand how using towards your friend can be seen as a slur.

Hijinx

Yes. It was a mistake, but not a mistake with a slur intended or to hurt anyone.

This Buttwipe did intend harm. His poor wittle feewings were hurt and he sits around stewing on it for years and then attacks her with it.
He is a racist prick. And an ass-hole. She just made a dumb mistake.