Head injury question

R

remaxrealtor

I'm on the mend from my sad excuse of a dismount from a horse :lmao: .

But....I had 2 pretty severe skull fractures and a lot of brain swelling and bleeding. It's been 9 weeks now and all of the sudden I have lost my sense of smell and have a really "metallic" taste in my mouth all the time.

Just wondering if anyone else has been through a similar injury and had these same issues pop up?

Thanks in advanced! :flowers:

Pete

Repete
remaxrealtor said:

But....I had 2 pretty severe skull fractures and a lot of brain swelling and bleeding. It's been 9 weeks now and all of the sudden I have lost my sense of smell and have a really "metallic" taste in my mouth all the time.

Just wondering if anyone else has been through a similar injury and had these same issues pop up?

You have a cold and spit the penny out. You are cured :yay: I am not a doctor but I did eat at your husbands pizza place tonight.

Dead Eye

T.P.F.er
:howdy: See your doctor ASAP..I have five plates and enough titanium screws in my head to set off sensitive metal detectors.. Good luck.

Otter

Nothing to see here
remaxrealtor said:

Check this and call your doc to be safe.

Christy

b*tch rocket
remaxrealtor said:

My father had a stroke a few years back and suffers now from a chronic metallic taste in his mouth. Definitely get with your doctor and see what's up.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
I'd talk to your doctor BUT a woman I worked with a few years back had no sense of smell or taste and it resulted from a very bad fall.

J

julz20684

Pete said:
You have a cold and spit the penny out. You are cured :yay: I am not a doctor but I did eat at your husbands pizza place tonight.

Me, Frick & Frack almost went there tonight. :lmao: We went to Subway instead.

oldman

Lobster Land
remaxrealtor said:

Yes, talk to a doctor. Related but not directly, I lost my sense of taste a couple years ago. NOTHING tasted good and because of it I quit eating. That led to many other problems that I'll have to live with the rest of my life. Get to a doc now.

R

remaxrealtor

Thanks so much everyone, especially Otter...the article made sense. I left a message for my head guy.

Hope I'll be seeing you all on Sunday!!!!

princess73

just one of those days...
I work with a woman that had a severe concussion about 15 years ago and she lost her sense of smell and taste. Hers never came back. I would call the doctor and get in to see him.

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
virgovictoria said:
Let us know what the doc says! :huggy:

:tap:

Well, did he tell you that the fall tore out your smell buds and you'll never smell second-hand tobacco smoke again?