Head on Bike Wreck

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Ouch ..... :doh:

I doubt he felt a thing; too quick.

This is UK, yes? Her son must have been the oncoming bike as it looks like it occurred in the right lane which, correct me if I am wrong, they drive on the left over there?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I doubt he felt a thing; too quick.

This is UK, yes? Her son must have been the oncoming bike as it looks like it occurred in the right lane which, correct me if I am wrong, they drive on the left over there?

yes they drive on the wrong side of the road

b23hqb

PREMO Member
I couldn't find the actual video so, I simply assume they were all hauling ass.

Right at the end, looked like a few stopped and were heading back on foot. The riders ahead probably didn't even know what happened. Looks like both were right on the center line.

Last edited:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Right at the end, looked like a few stopped and were heading back on foot. The riders ahead probably didn't even know what happened. Looks like both were right on the center line.

Not that it matters but it looked like the guilty rider was with the group and crossed into the oncoming lane and the moms son was the oncoming, to the camera, rider. The collision pushed the debris back into the left lane it seems. Again, I can't find the video but the picture series is horrific and, I think, it happened very fast. Both riders target fixated and that's that. Totally avoidable.

That

[video=youtube;aymDwPiWVYY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aymDwPiWVYY[/video]

That is horrifying! It is also a great example of how fast bad things can happen on a bike. A few seconds of bad judgment changed a lot of lives forever but I doubt it was the first time he did something like that.

glhs837

Power with Control
Real easy to say heads down and focus on the next 50-100 feet. Which distance passes so fast, especially when both parties are travelling 70ish, which is a bit over 100 feet per second, so a closing speed of 200 feet per second.