Heat Pumps

Palominolover

We just had our until replaced two months ago. We used T.N. Bowes. I can't say enough wonderful things about them.
Our new unit is a Carrier, and with the SMECO rebate, the Carrier rebate, and T.N. Bowes gave another 5% off for paying cash. They were professional, and I would call them again. They processed all the paperwork and we got our rebates a lot faster!
Good luck!

BigBlue

Plenty of professionals recommend against oversizing the system.
https://www.google.com/search?q=oversized+hvac

One reason is that it actually costs MORE to heat and cool your house. A significant part of the operating cost is the first minute or two it is running, when it's doing all the freon pumping and air movement but the freon hasn't yet reached proper temperature, so you're not actually doing any heating or cooling. The more oversized the system is, the shorter each cycle has to be... and so the greater percentage of each cycle is this wasted first couple minutes.

And there are plenty of other good reasons...

Get it RIGHT sized, not oversized.

Good point the guys I used said the same thing ,all I did was get a "talking T' thermastat and a better blower for the new unit ,it comes on gradually instead of all at once .We cut our electric bill in half, no #### !

flyingdog

We replaced ours 3 years ago. Bidded out to TN Bowes, Winters and Patuxent Heating and Air. In the end we went with Patuxent. We got a 5 ton 16 seer Amana unit for ~$7k. This included a Amana 115 thousand BTU 1 stage gas furnace with 95% efficiency and propane kit. We were able to secure a few discounts from Amana and smeco and a few tax deductions as well. 10 year parts/labor and unit lifetime replacement. Feel free to contact if you have questions. They were great to work with all around.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
We replaced ours 3 years ago. Bidded out to TN Bowes, Winters and Patuxent Heating and Air. In the end we went with Patuxent. We got a 5 ton 16 seer Amana unit for ~$7k. This included a Amana 115 thousand BTU 1 stage gas furnace with 95% efficiency and propane kit. We were able to secure a few discounts from Amana and smeco and a few tax deductions as well. 10 year parts/labor and unit lifetime replacement. Feel free to contact if you have questions. They were great to work with all around.

This is what we are looking for.. Since we have LP in the house for the water heater and stove, get rid of the Electric Aux/Emergency heat and add an LP furnace for Aux heat.. Did you start with an all electric??