heat

D

dems4me

Does anyone want a free woodstove/fireplace insert :shrug:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
did ya put it in the classifieds?
I'll have one to give away soon too. what did you replace it with? i'm looking for a pellet stove. any suggestions?

D

dems4me

happyappygirl said:
did ya put it in the classifieds?
I'll have one to give away soon too. what did you replace it with? i'm looking for a pellet stove. any suggestions?

No, just thought I'd offer here first. Have no idea about pellet stoves, maybe southern states would have one?

D

dems4me

happyappygirl said:
checked there...nope. Lowes had one for 1100.00 :dead:

Yikes... I can put a slight dent in that if ya' help with goat hooves... :lol:
:dance:

Vince

Fireplace store in Waldorf. Take a right at the light before Rt. 301. TriCounty Hearth and Patio

D

dems4me

Vince said:
Fireplace store in Waldorf. Take a right at the light before Rt. 301. TriCounty Hearth and Patio

I heard they were expensive :shrug:
But I also think I heard the quality is good, I think Jazz posted something about them last winter :shrug: and liking them. :shrug:

Vince

dems4me said:
But I also think I heard the quality is good, I think Jazz posted something about them last winter :shrug: and liking them. :shrug:
Mine cost about $2000, but they installed it and it was one of the more fancy ones. Briekheimer is the brandname.

D

dems4me

Vince said:
Mine cost about $2000, but they installed it and it was one of the more fancy ones. Briekheimer is the brandname.

Overall that's not a bad deal seeings how for 3 quarters of a fuel tank to get filled with fuel oil was $814.00 3 weeks ago and the price has gone up further since for fuel oil.

Vince

dems4me said:
Overall that's not a bad deal seeings how for 3 quarters of a fuel tank to get filled with fuel oil was $814.00 3 weeks ago and the price has gone up further since for fuel oil.
That's insane. How often do you have to fill the tank?

D

dems4me

Vince said:
That's insane. How often do you have to fill the tank?

Yes it is... I remember when it used to only cost about 175 for that amoutn of fuel years ago. There's no set time on how often you have to fill it... it depends on the weather... warm winter, versus frozen tundra kind of winter :shrug: Usually it gets filled once or twice depending on what you have your indoor temperature set to as well.

Vince

dems4me said:
Yes it is... I remember when it used to only cost about 175 for that amoutn of fuel years ago. There's no set time on how often you have to fill it... it depends on the weather... warm winter, versus frozen tundra kind of winter :shrug: Usually it gets filled once or twice depending on what you have your indoor temperature set to as well.
Besides the initial cost of the stove, I spend about $180.00 for a pallet of pellets (50 - 50lb bags). Last me about 2 months depending on how I run it, how cold it gets, etc. I'll probably get another 50 bags around Jan. and that will last me the rest of the winter.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
dems4me said:
I got my woodstove through them, but it was 20 years ago. :lol: They are the best that I've found in this area. Click for their website

There's also a pellet stove store that opened last year in Callaway. I haven't been in there, but I hear it from others that it's pretty decent.