Heavy duty yard work!

mudpuddle

We need some serious yard work done and am looking for suggestions!
We need to have some hedges trimmed, along the front of the house- and around the pool, small tree pruned, bushes trimmed and removed, mulching, etc.
Looking for a local "company" or business or just some people with experience and who are hard-working!, We live in Charlotte Hall, and do not want a high-end company such as Went Worth's, etc.

Thanks to all for your suggestions!

BernieP

Resident PIA
Wentworth, one word

you don't want a "high end" company, but it's heavy duty and you want people with experience.

Got it, good luck with those requirements.

Got a pickup, drive up to Home Depot in Waldorf and pick yourself up some day labor.
It helps if you can speak Espanol.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

There's always the kid down the street. Awe geez, that's so 50's, 60's and 70's. Are there anymore entrepreneurial spirited kids at all anymore?

I'm interested in providing you with a free estimate for the yard work you need completed. 16yrs experience as owner of a small local lawn care business started up I 1999 by the name of Murph's Lawncare right here in Southern MD. I am
now the owner of Murphy Enterprises which provides lawn care and pressure washing/cleaning services. Donald "Murph" Murphy 240-925-6925 Murphy_Enterprises@yahoo.com

Chris0nllyn

Wentworth, one word

you don't want a "high end" company, but it's heavy duty and you want people with experience.

Got it, good luck with those requirements.

Got a pickup, drive up to Home Depot in Waldorf and pick yourself up some day labor.
It helps if you can speak Espanol.

It's trimming hedges and trees, not hardscaping (patio) or putting a pond in.

glhs837

Power with Control
Frank at Yankee Services did some work for us, we were quite happy with the results. A co-worker had he and his crew sod her new yard in a subdivision and she expressed that she was quite happy also. He's a Yankee, so there's that. He and the wife have a small farm down St Inigoes way, I follow them on FB just to see whats up with additions to the goats or rabbits :)

glhs837

Power with Control
I like that! A Southern Yankee! lol I consider SOMD to be a mix of both the South and the North combined for a unique flavor! I don't know if natives here consider themselves to be "Southern".

My dirty little secret is that I was actually born here in Leonardtown..... didnt stay more than a year after my birth, and neither parent was from here, so my "native" status is suspect. :) Wife, born in D.C. calls me a Yankee, I remind her that to us SOMD born folks, ;) she'alls the "Northern Scum" :)

glhs837

Power with Control
You dont know the Maryland State Song? Shame on you......

The despot's heel is on thy shore,
Maryland!
His torch is at thy temple door,
Maryland!
Avenge the patriotic gore
That flecked the streets of Baltimore,
And be the battle queen of yore,
Maryland! My Maryland!

II
Hark to an exiled son's appeal,
Maryland!
My mother State! to thee I kneel,
Maryland!
For life and death, for woe and weal,
Thy peerless chivalry reveal,
And gird they beauteous limbs with steel,
Maryland! My Maryland!

III
Thou wilt not cower in the dust,
Maryland!
Thy beaming sword shall never rust,
Maryland!
Remember Carroll's sacred trust,
Remember Howard's warlike thrust,-
And all thy slumberers with the just,
Maryland! My Maryland!

IV
Come! 'tis the red dawn of the day,
Maryland!
Come with thy panoplied array,
Maryland!
With Ringgold's spirit for the fray,
With Watson's blood at Monterey,
With fearless Lowe and dashing May,
Maryland! My Maryland!

V
Come! for thy shield is bright and strong,
Maryland!
Come! for thy dalliance does thee wrong,
Maryland!
Come to thine own anointed throng,
Stalking with Liberty along,
And chaunt thy dauntless slogan song,
Maryland! My Maryland!​
VI
Dear Mother! burst the tyrant's chain,
Maryland!
Virginia should not call in vain,
Maryland!
She meets her sisters on the plain-
"Sic semper!" 'tis the proud refrain
That baffles minions back again,
Maryland!
Arise in majesty again,
Maryland! My Maryland!

VII
I see the blush upon thy cheek,
Maryland!
For thou wast ever bravely meek,
Maryland!
But lo! there surges forth a shriek,
From hill to hill, from creek to creek-
Potomac calls to Chesapeake,
Maryland! My Maryland!

VIII
Thou wilt not yield the Vandal toll,
Maryland!
Thou wilt not crook to his control,
Maryland!
Better the fire upon thee roll, Better the blade, the shot, the bowl,
Than crucifixion of the soul,
Maryland! My Maryland!

IX
I hear the distant thunder-hum,
Maryland!
The Old Line's bugle, fife, and drum,
Maryland!
She is not dead, nor deaf, nor dumb-
Huzza! she spurns the Northern scum!
She breathes! she burns! she'll come! she'll come!
Maryland! My Maryland!​

glhs837

Power with Control
You might think that's a joke, but no, it's right from here. Anyone that doubts Maryland was Union under duress only needs read these lyrics.

GregV814

If I may ...

There's always the kid down the street. Awe geez, that's so 50's, 60's and 70's. Are there anymore entrepreneurial spirited kids at all anymore?
No, there are NONE. Most kids want 25-50 bucks an hour to use YOUR lawn mower or TRACTOR...No kiddies, there isn't an app for that!!

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
We need some serious yard work done and am looking for suggestions!
We need to have some hedges trimmed, along the front of the house- and around the pool, small tree pruned, bushes trimmed and removed, mulching, etc.
Looking for a local "company" or business or just some people with experience and who are hard-working!, We live in Charlotte Hall, and do not want a high-end company such as Went Worth's, etc.

Thanks to all for your suggestions!
I hired one of the mennonites from Loveville for $20 per hour. I worked along side of him all day and managed to keep up, but he worked like a mule. Took 30 mins for lunch and never stopped beyond that. I did have to give him a ride to and fro and I think he charged me for travel time. Next time, I'll get all, of those details out of ahead of time.

Anyway, probably would been charged many times more by a business to do the work he did. Plus I knew it was done right.

I guess the potential downside if you hire a freelancer who is not insured, is that any injuries would probably go against your insurance.

OldHillcrestGuy

Were neighbors, Im in CH also. I'll ask me son if he might be interested in another yard. I use to love doing yards with him till my health has prevented me. I can hardly get my own yard done now. He is really busy so he may not want to tackle another yard. Last year he had about 18 yards, 5 in my 'hood' His son who is 13 is a workhorse and helps him out greatly. This is a part-time thing cause he does have fulltime job. I'll see him Saturday morning I will ask him if he wants to maybe at least check out just how much there is to do,