Heavy rains make way back to Washington

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
"WASHINGTON -- Two weeks after a dose of record-setting rains drenched the region, another round of heavy precipitation is moving in.

This year's April showers turned into May downpours as rain totals topped 4 inches across most of the region by the first day of the month. Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport recorded 4.18 inches of rain by May 1. Washington Dulles International Airport recorded 5.54 inches of rain. "

http://www.wtop.com/41/3622510/Heavy-rains-set-to-soak-DC-region

From what I see, the tri-county area is in the 1-2 inches range which is perfect for the newly planted flowers and gardens.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Of course, I just gave both dogs a bath...guess it would be worse if I had just washed the cars!

We have so much caterpillar poop coming out of the trees that I had to put a tarp over my SUV after washing it, and parked the puddle jumper away from the trees. I guess the rain will wash even MORE poop down? There must be thousands of black dots of poop on the tarp now Ewwww.

awpitt

Main Streeter
"WASHINGTON -- Two weeks after a dose of record-setting rains drenched the region, another round of heavy precipitation is moving in.

This year's April showers turned into May downpours as rain totals topped 4 inches across most of the region by the first day of the month. Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport recorded 4.18 inches of rain by May 1. Washington Dulles International Airport recorded 5.54 inches of rain. "

http://www.wtop.com/41/3622510/Heavy-rains-set-to-soak-DC-region

Okay?

Hijinx

Sure is hard to keep the grass cut. I bet the people who do it for a living are waaaaay behind.

Retrodeb54

Surely you jest ...
Our basement took on some water but otherwise ok.

Do you need some help today, Retrodeb?

No, but thank you very much for the offer. The yard was a 'deep' pond front and back, no basement. Next vent I'll have will be about a million frogs croaking. The runoff ditch is taking the water slowly, but it is taking it. So I'm fine.

Sorry about your basement, hope its not to bad.

:coffee:

OldHillcrestGuy

I thought the big rain somewhat fizzled out, at least here in No. St. Marys, only recorded 3/4th of a inch of rain. Everything looks so green, love cutting grass and then it rains after you finish, everything looks so good.

I thought the big rain somewhat fizzled out, at least here in No. St. Marys, only recorded 3/4th of a inch of rain. Everything looks so green, love cutting grass and then it rains after you finish, everything looks so good.

I didn't have my rain gauge out, but my ditches were running nearly full this AM and it was coming down hard!