Heckler Wins Big .......

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
American heckler at Ryder Cup accepts challenge to sink a putt the pros could not

Stinson heard the heckling and invited Johnson to step out of the crowd and try to sink the putt. The American strode confidently to the green to accept the challenge.

Adding a little financial incentive to the test, Justin Rose placed a $100 bill on the ground by the ball.

Johnson lined up the shot, stood over the ball for a few seconds. Then, with the same putter the players used, the amateur proceeded to put the ball in the hole on his first try.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
American heckler at Ryder Cup accepts challenge to sink a putt the pros could not

Stinson heard the heckling and invited Johnson to step out of the crowd and try to sink the putt. The American strode confidently to the green to accept the challenge.

Adding a little financial incentive to the test, Justin Rose placed a $100 bill on the ground by the ball.

Johnson lined up the shot, stood over the ball for a few seconds. Then, with the same putter the players used, the amateur proceeded to put the ball in the hole on his first try.

Saw that earlier. Dude did it, and kudos to the euros for taking it in stride, and autographing the bill. But it looks like the heckler was right - the Euros lost all four matches this morning. Sure hope that keeps up.

Good omen.

USA!

Last edited:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
This is a great story. However, just to pour a little reality on it, if this guy had been standing at this hole for long, he'd seen the worlds best players having a go at the green from various spots so, he knew the speed and the break from all directions. It's not the same when you're seeing it for the first time, no matter how good you are.

In any event, great story. :golfclap:

Chris0nllyn

This is a great story. However, just to pour a little reality on it, if this guy had been standing at this hole for long, he'd seen the worlds best players having a go at the green from various spots so, he knew the speed and the break from all directions. It's not the same when you're seeing it for the first time, no matter how good you are.

In any event, great story. :golfclap:

I thought I heard the guy say something like "Home course". Makes me wonder if the dude played the course before (many times).

Regardless, it was great seeing everyone congratulate him.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I thought I heard the guy say something like "Home course". Makes me wonder if the dude played the course before (many times).

Regardless, it was great seeing everyone congratulate him.

That would be helpful. :lol: In any event, he rolled it in right in front of the pros so, gotta give it to him :clap:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Loved it! Great story, great memory for all involved! :clap:

Imagine the players' chat about it in the locker room after the round! :lmao:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I love this story! They interviewed the guy afterward and he seems like an okay guy, was quite surprised and pleased that the gods smiled on him in that moment. :lol:

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Let's see if the US can avoid another epic meltdown like four years ago on the final day and somehow manage to earn at least five points today. Darn those putters.