Hello Monday (Weekend recap thread)

mitzi

Watched my so called male canary make an academy award performance of laying an egg. Honestly it's the size of a raisin how hard can it be?

I want a bird or a pair of zebra finches. Those little things are very messy though. I wish Corner Critters hadn't closed. I don't like the chain pet stores.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Worked. And stressed.
Given the fluidity and uncertainty of the current situation, you and many other business owners are in the same boat. I realize that's no comfort for you. Lacking a crystal ball, it's hard to know what move(s) to make next.

I'm more of a rip the bandaid off person instead of the death by a thousand paper cuts. In a painful situation, if there is a choice, I'd rather get all the pain quickly then have it be over. Trouble is currently nobody knows then we will return to normal.

Monello

PREMO Member
Extensive research on recording artists and sociology of the 1950’s-1990’s revealed that acceptable LYRICS went through quite the metamorphosis.
Take the Everly Brothers. A song about teenage love and a boring drive inn movie, Wake Up Little Susie, was probably banned by politicians. Ooohhhh la la.
Now, Steeley Dan’s songs about drug indulgence, remorseless. “Artistic Geniuses “ at work.
Then black rap.
And I ain’t even got me no GED,
A 1966 song was originally called 69 Tears. But it was changed to 96 Tears because 69 is a perverted number that would cause hyperhornyhormone syndrome in teen girls. Prepubescent and teen boys already were inflicted with this condition.

Monello

PREMO Member
I was a slug most of the weekend,
Now I get why you are cutting way back on the salt.

It's a very complex and secret recipe.

16oz mozzarella (Polly-O cheeses preferred)
16oz ricotta
1/2-3/4 lb ground beef, cooked seasoned and drained
onion powder, garlic powder and oregano to taste. I went light on the salt this time.

Monello

PREMO Member
Just completely new/fresh rooms where the old ones were. Including new furniture and decorating. The rooms in that wing closely resembled "1950s Rt. 66 roadside motel".
If you kept it like that, you could have attracted busloads of Asian tourists on a daily basis. Seen it first hand in Seligman, AZ. Park a few Chevy Bel Airs in front and put up an Elvis mannequin and you're all set.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
If you kept it like that, you could have attracted busloads of Asian tourists on a daily basis. Seen it first hand in Seligman, AZ. Park a few Chevy Bel Airs in front and put up an Elvis mannequin and you're all set.
Great ideas, I'm sure....but a real challenge for an island that's a mile offshore. ;-)

We don't have a shortage of "renters". We have a shortage of "renters" that think staying in that decrepit old wing of rooms is in synch with their membership dues.

Monello

PREMO Member
I want a bird or a pair of zebra finches. Those little things are very messy though. I wish Corner Critters hadn't closed. I don't like the chain pet stores.
When I was stationed in Sicily, it seemed everybody had those little finches. They would put them outside once they woke up. They'd chip and chirp. You could hear them when you walked around town. Yet I never saw a parakeet like you'd see here in the states.

mitzi

When I was stationed in Sicily, it seemed everybody had those little finches. They would put them outside once they woke up. They'd chip and chirp. You could hear them when you walked around town. Yet I never saw a parakeet like you'd see here in the states.

That's cool. They really are happy, busy little birds.