Help finding a bar

somd1204

Where is the best place to grab a beer at a reasoable price in Southern Maryland? Toots, Pennies, or Andersons? Any other suggestions?

K

Kizzy

True SMIB style is to buy the 6 pack and drink it in your pickup truck.

Elle

Happy Camper!
Originally posted by somd1204
ABC, I thought that was just a liquor store. Where is the bar, and how is the crowd?

It's in the back. ABC is the bomb, what other liquor store has a drive thru window and a bar all combined.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Danzig
I was in ABC last night. Rather inexpensive. I like Penny's thu, what ambience.

Are you and mig twins? You posted the same exact thing. :confused:

mainman

Set Trippin
Originally posted by tys_mommy
It's in the back. ABC is the bomb, what other liquor store has a drive thru window and a bar all combined.
...and they say women are hard to please...:biggrin:

Danzig

Originally posted by jazz lady
Are you and mig twins? You posted the same exact thing. :confused:

I now know I look nothing like her.

I think I was taller or something.

Danzig

Originally posted by somd1204
ABC, I thought that was just a liquor store. Where is the bar, and how is the crowd?

Tuesday night is the 21 to 30 crowd

All the restaurant workers go there on Tuesdays when they close

Outback, Ruby Tuesdays, Lone Star, Bob Evans, Etc. Real packed after 10:00

Being half the base won't be doing nothing tomorrow it should make it more packed.

Danzig

Originally posted by migtig
I agree with Tys Mommy. The bar is located as you walk in - walk in front of the cash register, proceed straight back and make a hard right and you are at the bar. The crowd was very friendly and calm last night when I went.

I think you kinda liked "drunk Dan" I think he thinked you wanted to go DANCING last night

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
In Compton on RT 243 you have Cryer's Back Road Inn. Music (band or DJ) every weekend. On RT 5 north of Leonardtown (in Loveville) you have Brewsky's (not sure of the entertainment).

It all depends on where you are and how far you can drive after having a few.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Ken King
On RT 5 north of Leonardtown (in Loveville) you have Brewski's (not sure of the entertainment).

I'm going there tonight for my dart league. From what I remember from a couple of years ago, it was very high priced per drink. I'll give a full report tomorrow. :wink:

B

baswm

Boils Tavern in St. Leonard is another place to go. I have not been inside since I am not a drinker but have some friends that go there and they seem to like it.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Ok - report on Brewski's:

Alcohol prices are about average for the area. Judging from all the posters up in the place, they have entertainment there just about every weekend. One band name I remember is "Kneel To Zod" but I don't know what they play. The place has a bar area, another area with a stage, and a room with a couple of pool tables. Jukebox is played LOUD, especially since it's right next to the dart boards.

Tequilla Sunset

Cryer's is my personal favorite, being so close to home and all, but the crowd in there is usually very friendly. The age depends on the band playing that night. Friday night is a DJ and Sat is a band. Charles Parker Band plays there occasionally and they bring a fairly decent crowd. This Friday, the 26th, a great band called Lloyd Dobler Effect is playing over at Harbor Sounds. Great band, the place is always packed when they are there.