Help finding a good OB doctor

Harrta01

Good morning!:howdy:
My husband and I recently moved to the Charles County area (Indian Head) and I am 13 weeks preggers and I need a really really good OB doctor. The Waldorf or La Plata areas would be good but I'll take any recommendations or suggestions. Help!??
Thanks a ton!!

Trina

Dr. Nelson Alawode is wonderful. He is in Waldorf off of 925 in the Cambridge Building. He takes no risks. My seemingly normal second pregnancy had loads of problems. My son was born two months early and wouldn't be here if it wasn't for Dr. Alawode. I have been a patient of his for the last 17 years. Highly recommended.

nanstime

I have seen many different threads on this subject and I am sure if you do a search you will see them but................................let me be the 1st to say Dr.Frank Sbrocco is the best IMO.he has an office in Prince Frederick and Solomons and somewhere else I think.His PF number is 301 855 1141

Harrta01

Hi nanastime,
You are right. I've seen a couple threads on this subject (actually, a google search lead me to one of them). But upon contacting a couple of the docs, I found that they no longer deliver babies. I am sure this is due to the crazy costs of malpractice.

Thanks so much for the info on Dr. Sbrocco.

Harrta01

Dr. Nelson Alawode is wonderful. He is in Waldorf off of 925 in the Cambridge Building. He takes no risks. My seemingly normal second pregnancy had loads of problems. My son was born two months early and wouldn't be here if it wasn't for Dr. Alawode. I have been a patient of his for the last 17 years. Highly recommended.

Hey Trina,
I can't seem to find any information on Dr. Alawode's hospital privileges. Where did you deliver?

millertc

Dr. Barry Aron is wonderful:
(301) 934-6491605 Charles St, La Plata He delivers at Civista. His office is in the blue house almost in front of Civista. His staff is nice too. He delivered both of my kids. I love him. Super nice guy.

S

Special_K44

Dr. Barry Aron is wonderful:
(301) 934-6491605 Charles St, La Plata He delivers at Civista. His office is in the blue house almost in front of Civista. His staff is nice too. He delivered both of my kids. I love him. Super nice guy.

He is an awesome doc. His staff is wonderful also.

S

Special_K44

Dr. Alawode delivered my nephew and it was at Southern Maryland Hosp. in Clinton

I used to go to Dr. Allawoode for years, but he seemed to have lost his touch of compassion with his patients. His staff changes quite a bit also. Being in the medical field myself, didnt give me good vibes. Dont get me wrong, he is a great doctor. I had changed to Dr. Aron and what a difference. I would suggest going to meet each doctor and "interview" them and see which one you feel comfortable with.

millertc

Yes, I agree about that. My friend went to Dr. Alawode but she switched to Dr. Aron for the same reason you listed above. I use to dread going to the OB but once I found Dr. Aron I do not seem to mind. When I had my three miscarriages he was so sweet and caring. He even hugged me and my husband while we cried.

Harrta01

For all who recommended Dr. Aron... thanks. I did contact his office for some preliminary information and was told that he is not taking any new patients. Boo hoo

millertc

Crap.....sorry. He is one of the few who still deliver and he is popular. If I think of anyone else I will let you know.

dmh

Good morning!:howdy:
My husband and I recently moved to the Charles County area (Indian Head) and I am 13 weeks preggers and I need a really really good OB doctor. The Waldorf or La Plata areas would be good but I'll take any recommendations or suggestions. Help!??
Thanks a ton!!

I used to go to Dr. Ali about 10 years ago until my insurance changed. Then I went to dr. kane and bushrod:nono: Dr. kane was on duty until 5:00 the day I went in labor and then at 5:01 he was out the door -- Dr. Ali apparently rotates on call with drs. kane and bushrod and he became the doctor on call -- HE WAS WONDERFUL -- He was wonderful when I went to him 10 years ago and I really forgot how great he was until he was down at my feet helping me deliver, great, great doctor. I would highly recommend him.

Dr. Said M Ali MD
3261 Old Washington Rd # 1013
Waldorf, MD 20602
(301) 705-7200

Harrta01

I used to go to Dr. Ali about 10 years ago until my insurance changed. Then I went to dr. kane and bushrod:nono: Dr. kane was on duty until 5:00 the day I went in labor and then at 5:01 he was out the door -- Dr. Ali apparently rotates on call with drs. kane and bushrod and he became the doctor on call -- HE WAS WONDERFUL -- He was wonderful when I went to him 10 years ago and I really forgot how great he was until he was down at my feet helping me deliver, great, great doctor. I would highly recommend him.

Dr. Said M Ali MD
3261 Old Washington Rd # 1013
Waldorf, MD 20602
(301) 705-7200

I read on another posting where other patients felt that he dimissed questions and was a bit absent minded. I would love to get your opinion of that, if you have the time.

Grammie

I would recommend Dr. Michael Hotchkiss in Waldorf. He delivered my oldest who is 27 and my youngest who is almost 17 and one of his associates delivered my middle who is 19. He has always been very caring. He went out of the ob side of his practice several years ago. But, I saw a recent newspaper ad that he is back to delivering babies.