help please wildlife rescue person

Katelin

one day the dark will end
Thank you all for your brillant suggestions...
The situation has been taken care of.
Regards,
Katelin
Wildlife Rehabber, DNR, MD

TurboK9

Regards,
Katelin

If you can't say anything nice about someone maybe you shouldn't say anything at all.

You put your title in there you may want to watch the sarcastic commentary and pay your own words heed.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Link to information about baby bunnies and dogs:

FAQ: Orphaned Baby Bunnies

"If your dog disturbs a nest or you find a wild bunny with its eyes open, please put him back if not injured. Mom will be coming back at night to call and feed him only once in the middle of the night. Do not take the bunny inside or feed him. That is the mom's job. IT IS A MATTER OF HIS/HER SURVIVAL AND UP TO US AS HUMANS TO LEAVE NATURE BE AND LET THE MOM CARE FOR HER YOUNG. We often hear of mothers moving their babies and their nests, and have seen moms come back every night for up to a week to look for her missing baby. Do not take the baby from the mom or she will be frantic. "

TurboK9

Regards,
Katelin

Oh and hey, do you actually WORK for the DNR? Or do you just have a rehab license? If you work for them cool...

If not, don't sign your name with DNR please? That is misleading and makes it look like you are an official DNR employee.

SoMDGirl42

Link to information about baby bunnies and dogs:

FAQ: Orphaned Baby Bunnies

"If your dog disturbs a nest or you find a wild bunny with its eyes open, please put him back if not injured. Mom will be coming back at night to call and feed him only once in the middle of the night. Do not take the bunny inside or feed him. That is the mom's job. IT IS A MATTER OF HIS/HER SURVIVAL AND UP TO US AS HUMANS TO LEAVE NATURE BE AND LET THE MOM CARE FOR HER YOUNG. We often hear of mothers moving their babies and their nests, and have seen moms come back every night for up to a week to look for her missing baby. Do not take the baby from the mom or she will be frantic. "

I'll assume this means you did not move the babies for her and Bruno is now enjoying rabbit stew for dinner tonight. :drool:

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
Oh and hey, do you actually WORK for the DNR? Or do you just have a rehab license? If you work for them cool...

If not, don't sign your name with DNR please? That is misleading and makes it look like you are an official DNR employee.

I will also check on that DNR thing for ya..... my friend is with DNR. I will get the low down on the rehab side.

but you are correct... very misleading

TurboK9

I will also check on that DNR thing for ya..... my friend is with DNR. I will get the low down on the rehab side.

but you are correct... very misleading

Well and if she does work for them I'd like to know her shift hours and whether social sites are off limits for DNR employees on the clock.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Mmmmm deer nuts. Deep fried. Like baby rocky mountain oysters... a hunters beer nuts.... MMmmmm.

Do you know the difference between beer nuts and deer nuts?

Beer nuts are a 2 dollars a pound and deer nuts are under a buck!!

(old joke, I know...:roflmao:)

:buddies:

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Now, now, I must say that I do KNOW there is a good deal that goes into learning the in's/out's of wild animal rehab - I was interested in adding that to my skills, but discovered the training involved was beyond the time I had available at this point in my life.

The wild critter rehabbers do need training, and some of them require expensive vaccinations also (like Rabies), depends on which critters they specialize in. I think the wildlife people are just wonderful because there is very little rescue $$ to help with wild critter expenses. Most (maybe all) of the wildlife rescue folks locally don't have PAID stafffers at all - only volunteers. It's only some of the domestic critter rescues (example: cat rescue) that are fortunate enough to make enough $$ via donations and adoption fees to pay salaries to their top staff while promoting volunteerism for the extra help they need.

Last edited:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Nope sadly I am still in training, still have to finish my internship! :yahoo: So was the final exam tough? :whistle:

Yes it was. First, you have to get the shots to prevent the dragonfly fever. After that, you have to practice standing on one leg with your arm above your head (holding a geranium basket) for 3 minutes. It's tough, but really worth it. After that is the final test as you lay in the pond with water lillies on your back. Once you get them on your back, you have to do a quick "flip-over" (as we like to call it) and capture, capture, capture in your net. AND you have to make the net out of spider webs before they'll even let you in to the finals. Good luck! It was tough.

PrepH4U

Yes it was. First, you have to get the shots to prevent the dragonfly fever. After that, you have to practice standing on one leg with your arm above your head (holding a geranium basket) for 3 minutes. It's tough, but really worth it. After that is the final test as you lay in the pond with water lillies on your back. Once you get them on your back, you have to do a quick "flip-over" (as we like to call it) and capture, capture, capture in your net. AND you have to make the net out of spider webs before they'll even let you in to the finals. Good luck! It was tough.

:killingme:killingme:killingme
Oh my! I don't think I will ever be able to accomplish that I am allergic to geranuims!
You got me! You have gotten very good! Where are all the newbies? Fun times! :buddies:
Thanks for the chuckles :huggy:

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
PS - the rescue work WE do is all 100% volunteer at this point - heck if we could only cover our expenses we'd be grateful!

Step 1. Cover Vet Bills (not there yet)
Step 2. Cover Feed Bills (no way - where's the $$)
Step 3. Cover Equipment Bills (you're kidding right?)
Step 4. Cover Transportation Expenses ( okay are we still hitch-hiking)

You see the pattern already ...... for those domestic rescues that are well-established, they have all of that covered AND pay a salary to the top person(people).

Honestly the wildlife rescues really NEED more support. Most of them run on such dire budgets, if they have a budget at all.

PrepH4U

Now, now, I must say that I do KNOW there is a good deal that goes into learning the in's/out's of wild animal rehab - I was interested in adding that to my skills, but discovered the training involved was beyond the time I had available at this point in my life.

The wild critter rehabbers do need training, and some of them require expensive vaccinations also (like Rabies), depends on which critters they specialize in. I think the wildlife people are just wonderful because there is very little rescue $$ to help with wild critter expenses. Most (maybe all) of the wildlife rescue folks locally don't have PAID stafffers at all - only volunteers. It's only some of the domestic critter rescues (example: cat rescue) that are fortunate enough to make enough $$ via donations and adoption fees to pay salaries to their top staff while promoting volunteerism for the extra help they need.

It's ok, not making fun of rehabbers they are great. Just revisiting some old time fun. :buddies:

PrepH4U

PS - the rescue work WE do is all 100% volunteer at this point - heck if we could only cover our expenses we'd be grateful!

Step 1. Cover Vet Bills (not there yet)
Step 2. Cover Feed Bills (no way - where's the $$)
Step 3. Cover Equipment Bills (you're kidding right?)
Step 4. Cover Transportation Expenses ( okay are we still hitch-hiking)

You see the pattern already ...... for those domestic rescues that are well-established, they have all of that covered AND pay a salary to the top person(people).

Honestly the wildlife rescues really NEED more support. Most of them run on such dire budgets, if they have a budget at all.

Have you had your dragonfly vacinations? :shrug: :killingme:buddies: