Help Please!!!

kvj21075

Meow
we have had a bird up in our cielig at my office for 2 days- he finally came to the edge where we took a tile out- just a little baby bird. what do i do with it? can i take it somewhere? and until i find a place what can i fee it? i heard canned dog food and egg whites are good...

morningbell

hmmmmmm
we have had a bird up in our cielig at my office for 2 days- he finally came to the edge where we took a tile out- just a little baby bird. what do i do with it? can i take it somewhere? and until i find a place what can i fee it? i heard canned dog food and egg whites are good...

I tried worms in a blender then feeding the baby bird with a syringe, you know like momma birds do.

morningbell

hmmmmmm
did it work?

No :bawl:

Maybe you should get wet dog food :ohwell:

I found this....
I hope you're ready to be a momma :dance:
http://aviary.owls.com/baby_bird.htmlHand Raising Baby Birds

If you decide to try raising a baby bird yourself, here's what you're in for:

* nestling must be fed every 14#20 minutes from sunrise to sunset
* an adult robin makes about 400 trips every day to feed its young
* if the nestling is a few days old, it will take several weeks before it can be released
* adult birds teach their young where to look for food and how to
avoid predators - things impossible for humans to do.

You will need to provide a proper diet, clean suitable living quarters, and fresh water
every day. Still, despite your best efforts, most hand-raised birds will die. This is the
fate of most young birds in the natural world, where 90-95% perish before they're old enough to breed themselves. Call your local vet with bird experience for advice.

Despite the fact that different birds eat different foods, the diet of the young is remarkably standard. Like human babies, birds need protein and lots of it to help them grow at such an incredibly fast rate. For most land birds (robins, cardinals, bluejays, swallows, and woodpeckers) the basic food is meat. Raw kidney, liver, or canned dog food have been used with good results.

Preparation of the meat depends somewhat upon the size of the bird - if it is very small, then the pieces of the meat must also be small. As the bird grows the size of the pieces can be increased. You may cut the meat into strips when fresh and place it in small packages in the freezer to be thawed and used as needed.

Vary this diet with the white of hard-boiled egg cut into strips; and mash the yolk with milk to a thin paste. Raisins soaked in water and drained when plump or dog biscuits soaked in milk may be given to young birds.

Another excellent diet can be provided by mixing the following formula:

1/4 cup lean ground beef 1 teaspoon cottage cheese 1/4 cup canned dog food 1/4 hard-boiled egg yolk 1 teaspoon sand or fine dirt 1 teaspoon dried turtle food

Keep out enough of the mixture at room temperature for a couple of feedings, refrigerate enough for the day. The remainder can be frozen for later use. As the bird grows, gradually add finely cut worms, grasshoppers, crickets, and other insects. A good source of insect can be obtained by collecting the insects beneath an electronic "bug zapper." Fruit-eating birds can be fed grapes and berries.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Orphaned Wildlife Rescue Center (OWRC), 410-326-0937

There is a recording and they give you a number to call for birds. :yay:

And Aps, do you not like any animal? You advocate keeping cats inside so they don't kill birds, yet you want to shoot an innocent bird with a bb gun? :ohwell:

4d2008

does this mean your bringing another animal home? :confused:

Next she is going to say... Honey, I found this horse. It followed me home. Can we keep it? :dance:

:bigwhoop:

kvj21075

Meow
honey i found this basset hound in our house- i dont know how it got there, can we keep it jsut for a little while?

Beta84

They're out to get us
honey i found this basset hound in our house- i dont know how it got there, can we keep it jsut for a little while?

"this world has been here for millions of years, 15 years is nothing!"

want my fish? i would donate it as a toy for my beloved kendra :dance:

Katelin

one day the dark will end

Do NOT feed the bird unless you are instructed to do so by a licensed wildlife rehabilitator.
You can not keep and raise this bird unless you have a Federal permit to do so.
To report injured or sick wildlife, Call Toll-free in Maryland: 1-877-463-6497.

Or call Ron Wexler at OWRC as he hold a Federal permit for birds.
Thank you Catt for providing his info.

Do NOT feed it any dog food/egg white mix. It is a bird, not a dog and please do not believe everything you read online on how to care for the bird.

Thank you.
Katelin Welles
Licensed Wildlife Rehabilitator

dawn

Do NOT feed the bird unless you are instructed to do so by a licensed wildlife rehabilitator.
You can not keep and raise this bird unless you have a Federal permit to do so.
To report injured or sick wildlife, Call Toll-free in Maryland: 1-877-463-6497.

Or call Ron Wexler at OWRC as he hold a Federal permit for birds.
Thank you Catt for providing his info.

Do NOT feed it any dog food/egg white mix. It is a bird, not a dog and please do not believe everything you read online on how to care for the bird.

Thank you.
Katelin Welles
Licensed Wildlife Rehabilitator

:yeahthat:

Ron is wonderful. I have taken a few birds and ducks to him in the past!

kvj21075

Meow
cause she is a bully.

and you are right now too cause you wont reply to any emails. :cds:
i have replied to your emails :confused:

and if fat cat wasnt sucha pussy- teehee, she wouldnt get picked on, Kendra only does it cause she is yougn and its fun for her. your cats are old and smelly!