HELP!! Squirrel!!!!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Alas, poor squirrel, he is no more (with apologies to The Bard).

The men opted for a kill trap over my objections, operating under the theory that it was getting in and going back out and if they caught it and let it go, it would just come back in and we'd be stuck again. I looked it in the eye and I knew it couldn't get back out but of course, the female knows nothing.

I pi was standing underneath it when the damn thing went off --- scared the bejeezus out of me. Now I have to smudge my entire house and figure out how to get rid of this very bad karma.

Sigh...if only that van hadn't stopped & Trump called the Amish guy. Perhaps the squirrel could have gotten out alive to squirrel someplace else.

I think we might be somewhere around $300 or so right now. Guy is coming back to plug some holes.

Funny thing, though...haven't seen any squirrels in the yard this morning....
Poor squirrelly. :bawl:

PeoplesElbow

Alas, poor squirrel, he is no more (with apologies to The Bard).

The men opted for a kill trap over my objections, operating under the theory that it was getting in and going back out and if they caught it and let it go, it would just come back in and we'd be stuck again. I looked it in the eye and I knew it couldn't get back out but of course, the female knows nothing.

I pi was standing underneath it when the damn thing went off --- scared the bejeezus out of me. Now I have to smudge my entire house and figure out how to get rid of this very bad karma.

Sigh...if only that van hadn't stopped & Trump called the Amish guy. Perhaps the squirrel could have gotten out alive to squirrel someplace else.

I think we might be somewhere around $300 or so right now. Guy is coming back to plug some holes.

Funny thing, though...haven't seen any squirrels in the yard this morning....

To keep them from coming back you have to put them in darkness and transport them a few miles away, otherwise they will make their way back.

The guy I hired to get rid of mine used both kill and non kill traps, I told him I just wanted it and its babies gone. The babies got their heads cut off with mini bear traps and the mama get in the cage. He told me that he would take her to Virginia with him and drop her off. Don't know if he did but it never showed back up, he did have a guarantee for two years so maybe he did so he didnt have to come back for free.

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
To keep them from coming back you have to put them in darkness and transport them a few miles away, otherwise they will make their way back.

The guy I hired to get rid of mine used both kill and non kill traps, I told him I just wanted it and its babies gone. The babies got their heads cut off with mini bear traps and the mama get in the cage. He told me that he would take her to Virginia with him and drop her off. Don't know if he did but it never showed back up, he did have a guarantee for two years so maybe he did so he didnt have to come back for free.

Did you have to tell us about the babies? :bawl:

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
And have you comforted your husband who, if I know him, is sitting in your living room contemplating having to replace your now destroyed ceiling?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
[video=youtube;K16fG1sDagU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K16fG1sDagU&start_radio=1&list=RDK16fG1sDagU[/video]

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
[video=youtube;K16fG1sDagU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K16fG1sDagU&start_radio=1&list=RDK16fG1sDagU[/video]

Oh, dear God! :roflmao: :clap: Well done!

Somewhere in the house, we have this on an audio cassette. We used to play it on car trips with the kids, who all sang along!

Thanks for digging that up! (Now I have to go see if the pirate song is on YouTube........)

FED_UP

Great OP, now the attic will be haunted by a squirrel. Now she will have to spend more money for Gost Busters.

RodRugg

I'm glad you got that squirrel gone and now I know it can be real dangerous! When my uncle Stanley screamed Gadzooks and my grandma forced him down the basement stairs for taking the Lord's name in vain he had to go to the doctors with a broken collar bone. That doctor fixed his bone and then two years later my uncle found a box of dog babies that somebody left behind his work. He made a list of everybody he ever knew and took them dogs around to see if he could give them away. Anyways he finally got to that doctor and he took one of them dogs. He trained it to do a bunch of stuff and it won some awards and almost saved his kid from drowning in the swimming pool. Anyways, my grandma went there the other day to see about her busted up hip where she fell through the ceiling and that doctor said to thank my uncle since that dog saved his house from burning up! Apparently some clap rats were building something up in his attic with clam shells and one of them bit through some wires and started a fire. That dog started barking real loud in time for that doctor to get out of his house and get his neighbor to squirt water on it. The lesson is this: animals can be dangerous when they are unsupervised so get rid of them.

VictorValdez

Wildlife removal has turned into a developing industry. Knowing how to dispose of raccoons from upper rooms, how to dispose of squirrels settling and from biting on your home. Squirrels biting through siding to enter an upper room or in the middle of floors has dependably been a typical disturbance for property holders. Knowing how to dispose of raccoons from upper rooms, how to dispose of squirrels settling and from biting on your home. Squirrels biting through siding to enter an upper room or in the middle of floors has dependably been a typical disturbance for property holders. There are many types of rodent repellents to assist any homeowner in ridding squirrels away from their home. One can look here for some DIY methods or professional methods like prevention, ultrasonic traps, or if these above steps do not work, one can call some professional companies like Exterminator Greenwich CT, Ridgefield CT, Shelton CT, Stratford CT to get rid of rodents like rats, mice and squirrels.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I thought of this story when I had my own incident a few weeks ago. Came home from work on a Friday and noticed a cheeping sound coming from upstairs. Investigated and narrowed the sound to my bedroom and appeared to be coming from the ceiling. I am thinking "great, a bird got into the attic area and got caught." I figured it would find its way out but by bedtime the chirping was still going on. And on. And ON. :banghead: So I trudged downstairs and slept on the couch.

The next day, the chirping it still going on with no let up. So I resign myself to the fact I am going to have to call someone to take care of the poor critter but it is the weekend so I doubt I can find someone. I go into my bedroom and narrow the sound down to area near the entrance to my en suite bathroom. As I am standing there looking at the ceiling, I catch movement out of the corner of my eye. Directly below is a nightstand with my el cheapo digital clock from Walmart. The display is flashing in time to the cheeps and chirps. What the... !!!

So I unplug the clock and with a one last dying birdie cheep, I am surrounded by blissful silence. Yay! Who knew a clock could make that sound? And make it sound like it is coming from the ceiling? :lol:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I thought of this story when I had my own incident a few weeks ago. Came home from work on a Friday and noticed a cheeping sound coming from upstairs. Investigated and narrowed the sound to my bedroom and appeared to be coming from the ceiling. I am thinking "great, a bird got into the attic area and got caught." I figured it would find its way out but by bedtime the chirping was still going on. And on. And ON. :banghead: So I trudged downstairs and slept on the couch.

The next day, the chirping it still going on with no let up. So I resign myself to the fact I am going to have to call someone to take care of the poor critter but it is the weekend so I doubt I can find someone. I go into my bedroom and narrow the sound down to area near the entrance to my en suite bathroom. As I am standing there looking at the ceiling, I catch movement out of the corner of my eye. Directly below is a nightstand with my el cheapo digital clock from Walmart. The display is flashing in time to the cheeps and chirps. What the... !!!

So I unplug the clock and with a one last dying birdie cheep, I am surrounded by blissful silence. Yay! Who knew a clock could make that sound? And make it sound like it is coming from the ceiling? :lol:

Clock could have been a decepticon...I woulda shot it.