Help wanted ASAP: room board/stall available, etc...

G

GVF

I am looking for some help. My current barn manager is leaving the 15th of June and I need to find someone to help. I am going through cancer treatment and therefore in need to help till I get through all my treatments.

Potential for possible live in (room/board) and/or board of horse (horses).

OR.. someone to cover morning chores in exchange for board, etc...???

10-15 horses (Breeding farm- 1 stallion, broodmares, foals/youngsters), 2-3 hrs of work a day. Very nice semi private farm. Full size ring, new addition, other boarder works off 2 days of feeding, so would leave 5 days worth left (2 days "off"). We llike to leave the horses out as much as possible in good weather- bringing in just to feed, etc.. (like to not to have to do stalls!! LOL) Not much to do, with alot of opportunity to gain.

I am very flexible and willing to discuss scenarios.
Position available immediately. Contact me for more info.

Also looking for an experienced rider for jumper/dressage/eventing stallion.
This is a WONDERFUL opportunity for a rider looking to gain exposure.
He WILL get you seen and has TONS of potential to put you in the winners circle! (We can split the jumper winnings!! LOL)

E-mail Goldenventurefrm@aol.com or call 301-579-6710

Admin wanted me to note: This is not a paying position. I am more looking for a help me/help you type situation where both parties benefit. A type of working student type position or oppoortunity for a young aspiring person wanting to get their foot in the door and a start at managing for the first time. I am not looking for a paid employee.

Four*Leaf*Farm

RIP Quinn
GVF said:
...Also looking for an experienced rider for jumper/dressage/eventing stallion.
He WILL get you seen and has TONS of potential to put you in the winners circle! (We can split the jumper winnings!! LOL)

Admin wanted me to note: This is not a paying position. I am more looking for a help me/help you type situation where both parties benefit. A type of working student type position or oppoortunity for a young aspiring person wanting to get their foot in the door and a start at managing for the first time. I am not looking for a paid employee.

I'm surprised there isn't a student out there, that's out of school for the summer, who wouldn't want to ride Max. He's very talented.
Anyone?
http://goldenventurefarm.com/Maxamillion.html

flarenuphope

laura+flare= gone
GVF said:
I am looking for some help. My current barn manager is leaving the 15th of June and I need to find someone to help. I am going through cancer treatment and therefore in need to help till I get through all my treatments.

Potential for possible live in (room/board) and/or board of horse (horses).

OR.. someone to cover morning chores in exchange for board, etc...???

10-15 horses (Breeding farm- 1 stallion, broodmares, foals/youngsters), 2-3 hrs of work a day. Very nice semi private farm. Full size ring, new addition, other boarder works off 2 days of feeding, so would leave 5 days worth left (2 days "off"). We llike to leave the horses out as much as possible in good weather- bringing in just to feed, etc.. (like to not to have to do stalls!! LOL) Not much to do, with alot of opportunity to gain.

I am very flexible and willing to discuss scenarios.
Position available immediately. Contact me for more info.

Also looking for an experienced rider for jumper/dressage/eventing stallion.

oooooooooo i think i know the perfect person! i'll get in contact with her when i go to work monday!
also do you live in brandywine, if you do i live like 2 minuets away!

K

Katie

I am surprised that someone hasn't jumped on this. I would have given my right arm for an opportunity to ride a horse this quality. Heck, I would still give my right arm, but I am to busy with my job, and to far away. Also I am not a eventer, just dressage, flat work and low jumps.

barncat

I actually went out and rode Max over the weekend and he is unbelievable. He is super talented and is a true gentleman. I'm digging into the Omnibus to find some events to get him out to and another rider is going to cover the show jumping.

It's a great opportunity, I could never afford to buy a horse as nice as Max and with the excellent foundation he has I think we will move right along.

G

GVF

Still looking for a barn person :) had a few replies, but nothing has come through yet. I am getting worried, 10 days to find someone... anyone??? :)

I have 2 people that will hopefully be able to cover riding Mr. Max now (Barncat being one of them). Hopefully all will work out good on that end and Max will be back in the show ring very soon!!

SerenitStables

I'm calling her tomorrow about this position.

Also, barncat, I'd be interested, if they would be ok with it, in doing the jumping part. Love to jump!! :smile:

barncat

SerenitStables said:
I'm calling her tomorrow about this position.

Also, barncat, I'd be interested, if they would be ok with it, in doing the jumping part. Love to jump!! :smile:

And Max loves to jump. He packed me (who has just started riding again after 1.5 years off and have not jumped since 2003) over 3'6" with ease.

Four*Leaf*Farm

RIP Quinn
barncat said:
And Max loves to jump. He packed me (who has just started riding again after 1.5 years off and have not jumped since 2003) over 3'6" with ease.

Congrats!!! Max is a great ride... you will have tons of fun.

G

GVF

Still looking for someone for the barn.

Think Max is covered for now :) with Barncat and one other friend (fourleaf-it's Crystal :razz: ) You might see him in the jumper classes at MSA this weekend!! I am SO happy to have 2 wonderful new people up on him. Things are looking UP!! :)

Hey Tawna -

I sent an email to the University Equine students - maybe one of them will be in touch. All of my students are required to do an internship - while I think they all have one, there are a couple that may need some more hours or may want some more experience with breeding!

Erin Petersen
Coordinator, Equine Business Management
http://www.equinestudies.umd.edu

You are welcome! Any luck, yet? With it being summer break, I don't actually see any of my students so I don't know if they might have called or sent a request for info.

Erin

G

GVF

I am still looking for a weekday morning person. I had 2 girls lined up that have both come a couple of times to learn the ropes around here but I am not sure if things will work out. :frown: (Erin one was a student that got your e-mail.)

Case in point: Both were scheduled to come this morning and I was down at the barn at 7 to meet them, but neither showed. Just got up here at 9:30 and one sent me a PT that she couldn't make it. That's Ok, and no biggie, but if for some reason I have a doctors appointment and have to leave early, I need to know the horses are going to be taken care of. I am BIG on calling if you cant make it before hand. Sometimes I don't get a chance to check e-mails or the forum PT's.

So, I went ahead and did them- took me a while one armed (Try lifting a 50lb feed bag with one arm and leading wilgly yearlings on the wrong side with your uncoordinated good left arm when you are right handed- NOT funnny!!), but I got it done.

I think we have most of the evenings and the weekend covered for now but it looks like I am still on the hunt for a reliable weekday morning person :(

Can you please send me a PM with the name of the person who didn't show this morning (that responded from my email about your situation). I will want to :smack: them and :buttkick: them (man, these smilies are so much better than the ones on CoTH). Grrrrr.....they KNOW better than that!!!!!! Or at least they should.

flarenuphope

laura+flare= gone
GVF said:
I am still looking for a weekday morning person. I had 2 girls lined up that have both come a couple of times to learn the ropes around here but I am not sure if things will work out. :frown: (Erin one was a student that got your e-mail.)

Case in point: Both were scheduled to come this morning and I was down at the barn at 7 to meet them, but neither showed. Just got up here at 9:30 and one sent me a PT that she couldn't make it. That's Ok, and no biggie, but if for some reason I have a doctors appointment and have to leave early, I need to know the horses are going to be taken care of. I am BIG on calling if you cant make it before hand. Sometimes I don't get a chance to check e-mails or the forum PT's.

So, I went ahead and did them- took me a while one armed (Try lifting a 50lb feed bag with one arm and leading wilgly yearlings on the wrong side with your uncoordinated good left arm when you are right handed- NOT funnny!!), but I got it done.

I think we have most of the evenings and the weekend covered for now but it looks like I am still on the hunt for a reliable weekday morning person :(
sooooooooooo sry about that... i got home at about 10:30, and didnt want to wake no one. I thought the other girl and sam was going to be there... If something like that happens ( you by your self) you could have called me, and i would have came down or commanded my brother to go help if i wasnt home... It's just my mom dosnt want me to work every day( she's the boss)... Also i would have called in the morning but i didnt get up till 8:30...
sorry again... i think i can help thursday, but i'm not sure about fri., i have to study for horse judging, and get ready for hss. But if you dont have anyone else i will see what i can do to help... if only a little :flowers:

Four*Leaf*Farm

RIP Quinn
HEy T!! I heard Crystal and Max did awesome last weekend! I'd love to see some pix! I'm sure you got some...or Sam did. CAn you post some?

(I got a connection at the beach.. psyched about that!)

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
Four*Leaf*Farm said:
HEy T!! I heard Crystal and Max did awesome last weekend! I'd love to see some pix! I'm sure you got some...or Sam did. CAn you post some?

(I got a connection at the beach.. psyched about that!)

Redline Event Photography was at the MSA show this past weekend. It looks like they have a few of MAX from Saturday in the Childrens/Adult Jumpers on there website. www.photoreflect.com. Hope this helps. :howdy:

Last edited: