Help with Bad Neighbors ?

Midnightrider

Because the majority of people who conduct this type of behavior are black, and OP did not want to say was a dead giveaway. People run into situations where family members need some help of a roof over their heads, but the actual owners who condone what comes with it are just as terrible, and that speaks to their character. The young kids are the ones suffering growing up thinking, hmmm this is the way we are supposed to live, cycle continues. Just sorry that OP hands are tied.
What type of behaviour? Smoking pot or living with family and friends?

I am going to bet the shear number of both in this area are whities

FED_UP

What type of behaviour? Smoking pot or living with family and friends?

I am going to bet the shear number of both in this area are whities
Everything OP said about them from what he observed. I hope for OP sake that things will go back to the way it was at first, I can imagine all the annoyance.

Grumpy

When those neighbors moved in that my grandma hated so bad, she used to run up and down the property line screaming at the top of her lungs at them every time they left or came home. She even got my uncle Stanley to rev up his engine in the middle of the night and fire bottle rockets at their dogs until they went crazy and lost all their hair. Eventually them neighbors moved out and they was the worst neighbors my grandma ever had. They moved a couple of miles down the road and my grandma still can't stand the sight of them and gets her Chrysler real close to their buggy when she sees them going down the side of the road.
:yay:

Kinnakeet

Thanks everyone. Talking to them is not an option, over a year ago the former people had a party and this sister threw her trash (chicken dinner plate) on the street and my daughter said something and ....it got very very bad. 17 homes on the street and this one is the only one being a problem,I've talked to other neighbors but they don't want to get involved they are scared.
white or black the chicken part makes me say they are of the negro color

PeoplesElbow

There some folks moved in down the road from me, glad they aren't next door. They got eight pitbulls, don't have a gate on their fence so they just pile up trash to make a gate. The back yard is full of the trash the dogs have played with.

I hear them barking in the middle of the night when I wake up, but it's not loud enough at my house to keep me awake. Poor bastards next to them have to hate them.

ginwoman

There some folks moved in down the road from me, glad they aren't next door. They got eight pitbulls, don't have a gate on their fence so they just pile up trash to make a gate. The back yard is full of the trash the dogs have played with.

I hear them barking in the middle of the night when I wake up, but it's not loud enough at my house to keep me awake. Poor bastards next to them have to hate them.
Oh dear, that's awful! So glad we don't have close neighbors. And the neighbors we do have are all family.

Grumpy

When you have generations upon generations growing up with no morals, you get this. It's a shame, but it's reality.
Truby begs to differ, it's all on the boomers. What she doesn't understand is that each generation pushes the envelope in all things moral until everything collapses. Look at all the empires of the past, USA is just following their lead. History does indeed repeat itself.

woogie

You can always take the "back door approach" and complain to the county Health Department. List the high accumulation of trash and garbage (Use the buzzword "uneaten food waste" and "possible human or animal waste"). List the high grass as a (Use the buzzword "haven for vermin and insects like roaches".). You may have even seen furry wild animals in that yard (Use the buzzword "rats" and "snakes".)

If you contact the Health Department and use these buzzwords the county WILL get involved and WILL at least pressure the occupants to clean up.

A call to the police (as another poster described) WILL result in attention being paid to the occupants with possible tender LEO love bestowed upon them for drug and alcohol activity. You might even mention the condition of any children living there, thus adding Child Services getting involved.
Don't forget top mention the constant round-the-clock traffic and activity.

A call to Code Enforcement/Building Inspections to maybe look at the condition of the dwelling for occupancy violations.

All this can be done annonymously and you can tell your neighbors to do the same without fear of reprisal.

E-Mail pictures to these agencies directly. Write your County Commissioners about this using all of the above buzzwords and itemizing the complaints. And let them know that there is NO action on this. I think you might then get some pleasant action. And don't forget to let your Commissioners know that your HOA has refused to act upon these problems. Also let them know about any agencies (police, Child Services, etc.) that have also refused to act upon these problems. Remind them that you and your neighbors VOTE and that you and your neighbors know OTHER VOTERS.

I can think a few crimes here ...

Disturbing the peace (noise, traffic)
Child endangerment (noise, traffic, sanitation, crowding, proper housing of children)
Public nuisance (noise, trash, traffic blocking access to your home)
MD Annotated Code violations (blocking access to your driveway/property access)
Various County& State Health Code violations (trash and waste accumulation, uncut grass/vegetation)
Housing Code violations (overcrowding, unsanitary living conditions, possible building code violations)
Truancy/Juvenile delinquency (are the school age kids even going to school or being supervised)

These along should give the police probable cause to enter the dwelling and at least make a cursory search that may turn up illegal drugs)

Last edited:

woogie

Someone else talked about dogs. Have these people got dogs or other pets? Are they being taken care of properly? If not, then add a complaint to Animal Control for possible neglect and cruelty.

Oh! And don't forget to love your HOA and let them know that since they reneged on their responsibilities that you will send a nicely worded and detailed letter to the County DA and the State Attorney General Office detailing how they bailed on their contracted responsibilities that you PAY FOR. Politicians absolutely ADORE and HOA! Especially attorneys!

Again, be sure to document everything and get pictures. And be civil and as courteous as possible when dealing with the neighbors. It will be better for you when this gets traction.

woogie

Keep the pressure on anyway. And don't forget to push on the HOA. Your other neighbor will be grateful for your support.