Help with Bad Neighbors ?

beamher

you definitely can call the non-emergency number and they do respond to your issue of blocked driveway. The other issues not to sure; the trash sounds like an HOA issue.

luvmygdaughters

If you pay fees to the HOA, they damn well better handle the issue of the trash and the yard. For the pot and blocking the driveway, call the cops.

BernieP

Resident PIA
I was wondering if anyone can help me? Live on a "cul-de-sac " and the homes are relatively close together. Neighbors on one side moved and rented the house to family(sister) who when she first arrived had two kids ,now there are 8 people and an infant in the home .Cars coming all hours of the day and night ...literally blocking my driveway and while I realize we have relaxed the pot laws they are smoking it like it going out of style on the front porch and the back deck and it stinks . Trash everywhere ,we have a HOA but they say call the Police and Police say they aren't breaking any laws? It's going to kill my property value if we try to sell. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Sorrry, sounds like you have a bunch of imature people who are possibly invovled in dealing drugs (if traffic comes and goes at all hours).
If you know the landlord, I would consider contacting them. Family or not, if their property is being trashed on the outside, what is happening on the inside. They might be more concerned than you are.

BernieP

Resident PIA
there is a good chance they aren't breaking the law by smoking on their own property.
Possesion of small amounts is a misdemeanor, a ticketable offense. But it's not legal.
The priority of enforcement has moved away from drug users, to distributors and to other crimes they commit.
I would think that 8 adults and with children in the house might interest a number of county and state agencies.
The problem isn't that they aren't breaking laws, it's a priority on enforcment. Right now they are a nuiscance to neighbors.
They haven't risen to a threat to the children or the people around them.

TCROW

there is a good chance they aren't breaking the law by smoking on their own property.

Not only that, there’s a good chance the police won’t arrest/cite for marijuana. Chances are that smoking will be finished by the time the police arrive and as long as there’s not too much on their person, the worst that will happen is a civil fine.

Midnightrider

Possesion of small amounts is a misdemeanor, a ticketable offense. But it's not legal.
The priority of enforcement has moved away from drug users, to distributors and to other crimes they commit.
I would think that 8 adults and with children in the house might interest a number of county and state agencies.
The problem isn't that they aren't breaking laws, it's a priority on enforcment. Right now they are a nuiscance to neighbors.
They haven't risen to a threat to the children or the people around them.
see my last post. MD legailized medical MJ in 2016. it took them 2 years to get the program up and running, but for MANY people it is competely legal to smoke pot on their own property.

Midnightrider

Given the description by the OP, I seriously doubt that the people in question have a medical card.
which part of the description makes you think they are not medical users?
the part that makes me think they are card holders is that they are openly smoking outside on their property. If they were not medical users they would be risking crimial charges.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Given the description by the OP, I seriously doubt that the people in question have a medical card.
How so, exactly? I could get an MM card for any number of maladies I suffer from. OP doesn't mention anything that that would stop them from being patients.

mitzi

which part of the description makes you think they are not medical users?
the part that makes me think they are card holders is that they are openly smoking outside on their property. If they were not medical users they would be risking crimial charges.

How? If they're smoking on the property they live on, if the police would show up they can't just stroll in the house to see how much they have.

RodRugg

When those neighbors moved in that my grandma hated so bad, she used to run up and down the property line screaming at the top of her lungs at them every time they left or came home. She even got my uncle Stanley to rev up his engine in the middle of the night and fire bottle rockets at their dogs until they went crazy and lost all their hair. Eventually them neighbors moved out and they was the worst neighbors my grandma ever had. They moved a couple of miles down the road and my grandma still can't stand the sight of them and gets her Chrysler real close to their buggy when she sees them going down the side of the road.

Midnightrider

How? If they're smoking on the property they live on, if the police would show up they can't just stroll in the house to see how much they have.
That would depend on what the police see and how they interpret the interaction. However, my point was that you can not assume the neighbors are doing something illegal just because you smell MJ

nutz

I was wondering if anyone can help me? Live on a "cul-de-sac " and the homes are relatively close together. Neighbors on one side moved and rented the house to family(sister) who when she first arrived had two kids ,now there are 8 people and an infant in the home .Cars coming all hours of the day and night ...literally blocking my driveway and while I realize we have relaxed the pot laws they are smoking it like it going out of style on the front porch and the back deck and it stinks . Trash everywhere ,we have a HOA but they say call the Police and Police say they aren't breaking any laws? It's going to kill my property value if we try to sell. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Stop paying the HOA fees

BernieP

Resident PIA
see my last post. MD legailized medical MJ in 2016. it took them 2 years to get the program up and running, but for MANY people it is competely legal to smoke pot on their own property.
Chances are they don't have a medical permit, just a bunch of stoners.