Help with setting up a charity trail ride/dog walk!

Loper

Animal Poor!
Hi all,
Can anyone give me some advice on setting up a trail ride?
I'm looking to set up a charity trail ride/dog walk the end of March.
The ride will be in Joan Pancamo's name and held on private property.
I'm not sure of the rules and regs:
1. obviously negative coggins for the horses,
2. are rabies certs needed for dogs?,
3. if we offer food for donations do we need it to be provided by a food vendor?
4. what sort of legal documents are needed (i.e. release forms)
5. anything else I haven't thought about!

Any help would be much appreciated!

K

Katie

Loper said:
Hi all,
3. if we offer food for donations do we need it to be provided by a food vendor?

Hey...

The rabies certs need to be for dogs. Not just the tags but the certs.

I don't know about the food, but I do know about the rabies. :lmao:

Loper

Animal Poor!
Pasofever said:
Good luck..I will help if I can..I will try to ride too...

Paso, you would be most welcomed! We've met, but I'm not sure if you remember how. :) I was the idiot way back when that didn't know Mr. Willy's was another name for Hickory Hollow. :howdy: My sis and I came and picked up stuff you were donating to our drive for the hurricane Katrina horses. Which I'm happy to say that we got the whole Pascagoula Mounted Sheriff's Dept through that whole winter. They had 22 certified horses and several personal horses that totaled almost 50 horses. With help from some Calvert horse rescues "Freedom Hill", we made several trips down with supplies. :huggy:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Loper said:
Paso, you would be most welcomed! We've met, but I'm not sure if you remember how. :) I was the idiot way back when that didn't know Mr. Willy's was another name for Hickory Hollow. :howdy: My sis and I came and picked up stuff you were donating to our drive for the hurricane Katrina horses. Which I'm happy to say that we got the whole Pascagoula Mounted Sheriff's Dept through that whole winter. They had 22 certified horses and several personal horses that totaled almost 50 horses. With help from some Calvert horse rescues "Freedom Hill", we made several trips down with supplies. :huggy:

Wow I lost touch with you...glad I could help you with donating stuff..hope you could use some of it (well not you but you know) Are you the pilot or the other one? LOVE to get together and ride with ya...and would gladly help you out...let me know what you need from me..

Loper

Animal Poor!
Pasofever said:
Wow I lost touch with you...glad I could help you with donating stuff..hope you could use some of it (well not you but you know) Are you the pilot or the other one? LOVE to get together and ride with ya...and would gladly help you out...let me know what you need from me..

My sis is the pilot, I'm the computer geek. LOL Everything we brought down the first trip was swiped up as fast as it was unloaded! Even the clothes and shoes!

2baymares

Loper said:
Hi all,

:howdy: I'll help....But ya have to have it on a Sunday.
How's the herd doing?

Tazgirl

I don't know if I can help because of getting ready to move but I would love to. If you are having it on private property check with the insurance company and see if anything is required because of injuries etc. You don't want anyone losing their property because someone sues over a broken fingernail or something....in this world you never know....Let me know what kind of help you need for setting up and maybe I can work it in....

TAZ

Loper

Animal Poor!
2baymares said:
:howdy: I'll help....But ya have to have it on a Sunday.
How's the herd doing?

I really wanted to do Sat March 31st, because that would have been her birthday! Yet, I don't think I can get everything together by then anyway. So what Sunday would you like to do! Cause I really need your help. :jameo:
I was sent dates that AMIT is doing a schooling show on 4/1 and a benefit on 4/22. How about 4/15? Anyone know of anything going on then?

Loper

Animal Poor!
Tazgirl said:
I don't know if I can help because of getting ready to move but I would love to. If you are having it on private property check with the insurance company and see if anything is required because of injuries etc. You don't want anyone losing their property because someone sues over a broken fingernail or something....in this world you never know....Let me know what kind of help you need for setting up and maybe I can work it in....

TAZ

At this point, I'm not sure what kind of help I'll need. :jameo: I've got the insurance angle covered I think! I've never done this and could use someone with some experience! :whistle:

K

Katie

Loper said:
I really wanted to do Sat March 31st, because that would have been her birthday! Yet, I don't think I can get everything together by then anyway. So what Sunday would you like to do! Cause I really need your help. :jameo:
I was sent dates that AMIT is doing a schooling show on 4/1 and a benefit on 4/22. How about 4/15? Anyone know of anything going on then?

I don't think so, but I know very little about what is when.

I could probably help you that day with some stuff. I will just leave Tuggy at home. Lazy dog he is...

Farrier

If you make it any weekend after 4/2 I may be able to help with farrier on site donated. NOT for full shoeings but can cover any lost shoes that might prevent someone from particapating. I am not looking for Biz I have plenty but I will always help in good cause. I travel to shoe up and down the east coast so please let me know in advance the dates if you are interested. Just a offer.
Mike

2baymares

Loper said:

4/15 sounds good to me. How long of a trial ride are you planning? 1,2, or 3 hour ride? Need to mark the trails....I can help with that on my days off.

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
Loper said:
Hi Loper! On April 15th MAHA is holding their Easter ride at Cedarville. This usually draws alot of people so you may want to choose another day so that you have a good turn out. So far I do not recall seeing anything for April 29th or May 6th on any schedules. Let me know when you are going to work on the trails and I'll help.

Loper

Animal Poor!
Farrier said:
If you make it any weekend after 4/2 I may be able to help with farrier on site donated. NOT for full shoeings but can cover any lost shoes that might prevent someone from particapating. I am not looking for Biz I have plenty but I will always help in good cause. I travel to shoe up and down the east coast so please let me know in advance the dates if you are interested. Just a offer.
Mike

Thanks Mike!,
It's looking like it will be after 4/2, we are tyring to hammer ut the dates now.

Loper

Animal Poor!
2baymares said:
4/15 sounds good to me. How long of a trial ride are you planning? 1,2, or 3 hour ride? Need to mark the trails....I can help with that on my days off.

It looks like MAHA is holding an event on 4/15, so what date next?