Her name is Marijuana Pepsi, and she just got her doctorate

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
The incoming college freshman vowed that she would go on to a master's degree and then a doctorate.

"I'm going to be called Dr. Marijuana Pepsi!" she declared.

Well, she did all that, despite and maybe because of the druggie sugary name she was given at birth 46 years ago and has embraced proudly ever since.

The incoming college freshman vowed that she would go on to a master's degree and then a doctorate.

"I'm going to be called Dr. Marijuana Pepsi!" she declared.

Well, she did all that, despite and maybe because of the druggie sugary name she was given at birth 46 years ago and has embraced proudly ever since.

Marijuana is printed right there on her driver's license. Her mail comes addressed that way. Sometimes, when she's in a hurry, she uses the initials MP when she calls or encounters someone. That's just to avoid the 15 minutes of inevitable questions about her name. She has used MP in the real estate business so that stoners don't steal her signs.

But mostly she embraces the name as proof that you can overcome any obstacle in life and achieve your dreams. People may hear the name and picture someone spaced out on the couch, but they couldn't be more wrong.

What a remarkable woman! :yay:

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member

PeoplesElbow

Moon Unit and Dweezil Zappa.

Okay, they were born in the late 60's. Close enough. :lol:
I guess i didnt think about hippies and muscians.

I dont think normal people did that. I had a professor that was named Wallace Starr, he was easily 60 in the 90s when i was in college.

officeguy

I feel bad for kids with stupid parents who stick their kids with names that are always going to be an issue. At least give them a christian middle name so they can drop whatever crazyness you came up with. once they finish high-school.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Just to glance at the crime blotter makes me cringe. Do these parents really think they are doing their kids a favor by giving them "unique" names? What type of profession do they think Delorean, Rae-Kwaughn, Shyhiem, or Quayshawn will pursue?

officeguy

Just to glance at the crime blotter makes me cringe. Do these parents really think they are doing their kids a favor by giving them "unique" names? What type of profession do they think Delorean, Rae-Kwaughn, Shyhiem, or Quayshawn will pursue?

If I am at a restaurant and 'Crazyquan' is my waiter, I throw in an extra tip to recognize that he didn't allow his dumbass parents to keep him from living a productive life.

PeoplesElbow

I used to work with a black guy that had a really silly name, the funny thing was he is the whitest acting person i know. I think he named his kids Bob and Mary lol.

Reactions: BOP

BOP

This was her thesis. Sounds like someone with an axe to grind with YT. I bet Mooch Obama is her role model.

It's fitting that an African American woman who has gone through life as Marijuana Pepsi chose as her dissertation topic: "Black names in white classrooms: Teacher behaviors and student perceptions."
Except that in real life, it works just the opposite: student behavior and society's perceptions.

Hijinx

How did I know before looking at the picture.?

I congratulate her for her remarkable feat of study and persistence.
I hope she can use her education to have a wonderful life.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Except that in real life, it works just the opposite: student behavior and society's perceptions.
Funny how the perpetrator is now the victim. Sort of like what happens on our southern border on a daily basis.

Asian kids also have unique/different names, how come they don't end up in detention/suspended because of their names?

PeoplesElbow

Funny how the perpetrator is now the victim. Sort of like what happens on our southern border on a daily basis.

Asian kids also have unique/different names, how come they don't end up in detention/suspended because of their names?
I also know an asian guy that picked Harry Johnson as his American name cause it sounded verry American.