Here we go again with board!!!

breezy9999

So does anyone have any recommendations of reasonably priced or self care barns? Let me know, doesn't matter where if it's worth it I will figure out the driving. Maybe somewhere that would also let me work board off? Let me know thanks!!!

fredsaid2

So does anyone have any recommendations of reasonably priced or self care barns? Let me know, doesn't matter where if it's worth it I will figure out the driving. Maybe somewhere that would also let me work board off? Let me know thanks!!!

Check the classifieds. There was at least one for a barn worker w/ possibility of partial board exchange.

C

campinmutt

you are in calvert right? all I know of is Frankie Bowen and Jay Horton

breezy9999

you are in calvert right? all I know of is Frankie Bowen and Jay Horton

I know them both too, Jay is ok. Frankie is Frankie lol!! I think he wants like 375/mo. for board wich is a little high for me. Thanks for the suggestions. I was hoping there were more places around here :(

spinner

board

How large is your horse? Big pony or large draft? Your PM box is full

covekat

Hi Breezy, I listed an add in the classified section. It may be a little far from you, but we are a stress free environment with tons of trails, a ring with jumps, beautiful turnout and a new barn with matted stalls and h/c water in the wash stall. We will negotiate board, either reduced or free depening on how many days your available. Feel free to call if you have any questions!

Last edited:

breezy9999

Oh also I would love to have her used for lessons, she loves being worked. Dunno if anyone is looking for a lesson horse but if that helps reduce board I would do that too!

lovemyber135

veritas farms has a stall open we are located in laplata
call if your interested

Aggalise

Try Frederick Hall in Accokeek, MD off Indian Head Hwy. Full board is $350.00 or if you want to help with feed rotations, its $170.00- you feed and do your own stalls.There's an outdoor ring with dressage area set up and jumps and there is an INDOOR RIDING RING !!!Nice barn.

breezy9999

Try Frederick Hall in Accokeek, MD off Indian Head Hwy. Full board is $350.00 or if you want to help with feed rotations, its $170.00- you feed and do your own stalls.There's an outdoor ring with dressage area set up and jumps and there is an INDOOR RIDING RING !!!Nice barn.

Oooohhh. That does sound fantastic!! Will have to look into it! Thanks!

HorseQueen

Check out Cage Stables in St.Leonard. The board is resonable and the farm is huge. It backs up to the Patuxent River, so there is beach access.They do not have an indoor, but I heard one is supposed to be made later in 2011.

highnote

I love cage stables. They have miles of beach you can ride on! Plus an extensive XC course (albeit somewht old and run down, not the "safest" course I've ridden for sure). They have three outdoor rings- one sand "dressage" ring, one grass jump ring, and one very crowded sand jump ring. They are all fairly small/crowded and nothing special to look at (a lot of mismatched/homemade jumps) but they offer a good variety of schooling opportunities.

However last time I was there they didn't have many boarders and I highly doubt they would have enough business to rationalize constructing an indoor. But, maybe things have changed a lot in the past year (last time I was there was over a year ago). If they do build one I bet it will be tiny (their outdoor rings are tiny).

Robin

I love cage stables. They have miles of beach you can ride on! Plus an extensive XC course (albeit somewht old and run down, not the "safest" course I've ridden for sure). They have three outdoor rings- one sand "dressage" ring, one grass jump ring, and one very crowded sand jump ring. They are all fairly small/crowded and nothing special to look at (a lot of mismatched/homemade jumps) but they offer a good variety of schooling opportunities.

However last time I was there they didn't have many boarders and I highly doubt they would have enough business to rationalize constructing an indoor. But, maybe things have changed a lot in the past year (last time I was there was over a year ago). If they do build one I bet it will be tiny (their outdoor rings are tiny).

They have a new Manager there, that is drastically changing things for the better.
Home

Aggalise

Oooohhh. That does sound fantastic!! Will have to look into it! Thanks!

sorry, I meant you help with the feed rotations and take turns feeding, you dont feed the horses every day, just on your turn, so with 1 horse you would feed the horses about 2 times a week. Not aabd.I have my horses there. I am one of the instructors. You can call me and coeem visit anytime. Farm has a nice indoor.Tthere are only a handful of boarders, so the ring is never busy,Call me Rosslyn- 240-320-4086