Here we go again

frequentflier

happy to be living
Shortened message from Calvert County Library today "Unfortunately, covid is ramping back up locally. The delta variant is now the dominant strain....The CDC recommends masks indoors in public...Calvert library wants all our customers to stay healthy and in partnership with the CCHD, is recommending customers and staff wear a mask in public spaces regardless of vaccination status...It is a simple thing we can do to help keep transmission and hospital rates low in CC"
At this point they "recommend" but will they refuse me service if I go in without the diaper?
It's just beginning, folks.

wubbles

As long as both sides of the mask recommendation are cordial with one another I'll be happy. I really don't want to see citizens freaking out on each other again. Division is what is wanted and we shouldn't give them that. Wear a mask, don't wear a mask, but don't get tricked into fighting each other.

PJay

Big and loud protest are needed. Other countries are doing it!

Come on America!

UglyBear

I need to dust off the printing press. There is money to be made here!
I completely understand you. This just saddens me. In some other thread, I described how my Eastern European relatives all have fake COVID vaccine cards, and that’s normal there.
As a new American, I had high hopes that we are a country of fair and unburdensome laws, that people have good faith in and generally obey.
when that stops being the case, and laws become unreasonable and erratic, people will be people and find ways to avoid them. And that just snowballs to general and wide-spread corruption and lawlessness.
We did not cause this, but everyone will react to this. Good job Dems.

luvmygdaughters

This really infuriates me! Remember a couple of months ago, if it was that long, all the dems were pushing for everyone to get the vaccine because you wouldn't be required to wear a mask, if you got it. This just proves what other people are saying, if the damn vaccine worked, you got nothing to worry about! Now, we have this Delta variant...which, I believe, didn't show its ugly head until people started getting vaccinated. I'm not a big conspiracy enthusiast, but, seems just a little to coincidental to me. Either the government is lying about Delta to instill fear mongering and more reasons to get vaccinated, or, the Delta was created by the vaccine. After all, wasn't near enough study on it before it was released. I know, I know, I sound nuts, but, who in the hell knows what to believe anymore. And in the meantime, thousands of illegals are crossing the border everyday and we know none of them have any vaccinations!!!!

SugarBear47

The Delta variant where did that come from are the democrats going to blame Delta airlines or Delta Dawn
The Delta variant developed from the covid19 Vaccines. It is the unfortunate though trusting vaccinated people who are spreading it. AND as a continued act of terrorism that is what it is meant do to, insure the virus spreads for 15 yrs. It's the truth.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I recall reportage of a Lambda variant.

Well duh, viruses usually develop into more contagious types as the more lethal types kill their hosts.