Here's a good one for the bikers

Bay_Kat

Tropical
HUFFINTON POST TO BIKERS; TRYING TO LOOK COOL IS THE REASON YOU'RE WRECKING SO MUCH

The Huffington Post is a widely read online blog. Millions of people read news post on this site every day. So when we read a post titled "Motorcycle Riders: Stop Looking Cool, Focus on Keeping Safety" we got a little pissed. First at the grammar, then at the content.

Written by Jonha Revesencio, (a person we seriously doubt rides motorcycles) the article places the responsibility and blame for motorcycle accidents on YOU, the rider and operator.

http://bikernation.biz/blogs/news/1...ook-cool-is-the-reason-youre-wrecking-so-much

Really?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
The vast majority of mc wrecks are the fault of the rider. Not because of trying to look cool but because of rider error.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I think that this was found to be satire.

It was found to be not satire in terms of the original comment; http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jonha-revesencio/motorcycle-riders-stop-lo_b_6944918.html

That said, the biker nation comments in the OP are standard web fare for taking something out of context in an effort to to be a whiny cry baby looking to take offense at something that was not said. Huff Po DID say "Don't try to look cool" but said it in this context;

"Don't try to look cool. When driving in a closed track that is meant for doing tricks, have as much fun as you want. But driving on the highway isn't the time to try to pop wheelies or swerve around, or weave in and out of lanes."

There is nothing wrong with the Huff Po piece. Apparently, he writer for biker nation gets paid by the word and not by the point.

In any event, the majority of bike wrecks are the riders fault in the sense that better skills, better awareness would prevent MANY wrecks. Yes, cars are a menace and violate riders space and threaten our safety ALL the time but MOST of it can be avoided by better skill, better awareness. Same with car/car wrecks, most can be avoided by better driving and better awareness and, frankly, wrecks are avoided that way all the time. Too many riders toddle along, like car drivers, allowing themselves to get behind the curve, expressed as a 'chain' in MSF teachings and miss opportunities to break a link in the chain of events that leads to wrecks.

If elected President, I will FINE car drivers , enormously, every time they get in the car, and give all that money to motorcycle riders. We are a redistributive state and we may as well give all the dough to people who deserve it. Like riders.

:diva:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Yep. I think bikers in general accept far less responsibility than they should.

Yup.

My dad expressed it as being 'dead right'; "I had the right of way!!!! They encroached on my lane!!! They cut me off!!" and then they died in the wreck. He was talking about cars and trying to convey to me the concept of being right but doing what I could to AVOID being in a wreck v. being too hung up on being right, and, consequently, dead right.

Applies to bikes, too.

Vince

I ride because I enjoy it. Don't care about anything else, but there are the stupid people out there. Had one idiot sitting next to me at a stop light started yelling at me. Guess he just didn't like me or didn't like motorcycles or both. :shrug:

glhs837

Power with Control
Yep,, with a little script flipping, the common biker wails become more realistic statements.

"Damn cager took a left right in front of me!!!!" becomes "I failed to look ahead and spot a potential danger point where traffic can cross my path and didnt have an escape route ready in case that happened".

"Freakin minivan mama just sailed over into my lane, she didnt even see me" becomes "I neglected to expect a driver not to see me, and so wasn't prepared when that happened.

"Azzhole pulled out right in front of me!!!! becomes "I did both of the above hings at once."