heres a list

Fishn Guy

That's Dr. Fishn to you..
I wonder if anyone has done a study on how much in millions of dollars this country could save if prisoners were to eat all these horses... At least the people who own the animals could stop being a drag on society as a whole and give it up to the greater good...
Or barns as homeless shelters?
These are just some of the topics I'm gonna touch on when I run for Governor of Saline Kansas.

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
I wonder if anyone has done a study on how much in millions of dollars this country could save if prisoners were to eat all these horses... At least the people who own the animals could stop being a drag on society as a whole and give it up to the greater good...
Or barns as homeless shelters?
These are just some of the topics I'm gonna touch on when I run for Governor of Saline Kansas.

Let me guess, this is suppose to be funny? Don't quit your day job!

fredsaid2

Thanks for the link. I'm looking for riding lessons for my children. What is the difference if a barn is licensed? I noticed the barn we used to ride at was not on the list. Thanks

The MD Horse Stable License means they've passed inspection to ensure the animals are cared for in a safe, sanitary manner and that horses used for riding are fit for that purpose. It's supposed to be an annual inspection but I don't think staffing can cover it. It's a good indicator the operators are willing to follow basic adequate guidelines.

For instructors there are completely different certification standards. Some choose to follow a program and attain certification, some do not. You can find excellent instructors on either side.

There have been several threads with area instructor recommendations, they should come up with a search. Best of luck finding a great fit for you and your children! :smile: