Here's 'Polyamory': Multi-Partner Sexual-Rights Crusade on the Horizon

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
It was only a few months ago that someone last treated Cassie Johns like a freak.

During a doctor’s office visit in February, she was asked to list her emergency contacts. Johns, a preschool teacher in Seattle, wrote down two people -- Chris and Joan -- and identified both as her “partners.” They are two of the four romantic interests Johns has been involved with for many years.

“‘Oh, that’s so dirty,’” Johns recalled the receptionist saying. “And the receptionist literally stepped back from me, in a doctor’s office.”

https://www.realclearinvestigations...ual-rights_crusade_on_the_horizon_122979.html

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
No receptionist said that. Johns is lying, like all these stupid activists lie when trying to pretend they're oh so oppressed. I have two emergency contacts - Monello and Pete - and I've never had anyone bat an eyelash over it.

UglyBear

About 12 years ago, I knew a guy who lived in a house that was "polyamorous" -- I think it was 4-5 guys and 4-5 gals, with a gaggle of kids running around.
All adults had high-paying tech jobs, and they threw awesome parties (sadly I never made it to a single one) with lots of weed.
I didn't press him for more details, but they seemed to make it work somehow. Whatever floats your boat, people.

OTOH, I guess that when something breaks down, it will go nuclear -- paternity, property ownership, alimony, etc.

Reactions: BOP

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
OTOH, I guess that when something breaks down, it will go nuclear -- paternity, property ownership, alimony, etc.

yeah if more than one guy has been playing on a particular Putting Green are the all paying Green's Fees is she leaves

InigoMontoya

No receptionist said that. Johns is lying, like all these stupid activists lie when trying to pretend they're oh so oppressed. I have two emergency contacts - Monello and Pete - and I've never had anyone bat an eyelash over it.
Are they both identified as your partners? That would make the context valid.

black dog

Free America

I'm not sure I believe it or not, but the first difference is his are domestic partners and yours are not.
Write down that you are poly and both Monello and Pete are your partners and see if anything is different.

PeoplesElbow

I can't see anyone saying that over someone having two partners.

In college I knew people that had sex with more than one person in a day.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Are they both identified as your partners? That would make the context valid.

What even is that, a "partner"? Monello and I are all but married and I have never designated him as a "partner". That's absurd.

In the "relationship" blank I don't fill it in. **** them. If it's an emergency what do they care? Just call my ****ing contact and don't worry about our relationship.

black dog

Free America
What even is that, a "partner"? Monello and I are all but married and I have never designated him as a "partner". That's absurd.

In the "relationship" blank I don't fill it in. ** them. If it's an emergency what do they care? Just call my **ing contact and don't worry about our relationship.

I will use Walmart as a responce to "Partner" my bestie now works for Walmart, I am on her paperwork as a domestic partner, I get a Walmart 10% discount card and I also can be put on her insurance and benifits, just the same as a husband or wife would be if we were married.

I dont know about HIPPA but I would tend to believe they would give an immediate family more information in an emergency that a non family member.

AnthonyJames

R.I.P. My Brother Rick
Thats all you got? ……...……...…...…......…...…………......……………………………………………………...…...……......……..
The best part is, you have a boss and I don't.........………......……......……...…………...…...…...…………...…………...…..................…......……...…...............…….
Make sure you empty the lunchroom trash on Monday......……......…......…...…...…….................................…....................................…............….. and refill the TP and tampon machine in the ladies room............………...……………...…............……............................................................……..
Must be what you do Bossy. You've never had an original thought.

Go penetrate yourself.:jet:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I will use Walmart as a responce to "Partner" my bestie now works for Walmart, I am on her paperwork as a domestic partner, I get a Walmart 10% discount card and I also can be put on her insurance and benifits, just the same as a husband or wife would be if we were married.

I dont know about HIPPA but I would tend to believe they would give an immediate family more information in an emergency that a non family member.
HIPAA doesn't stipulate to WHOM you must designate as your contacts. You can write down whomever is your contact person. Likewise, you can stipulate who to exclude. You can stipulate in an Medical Advance Directive who you designate, and you can also exclude people.

I think the whole point of contacting next of kin is when the deceased person has no one listed as the contact person in an emergency. IF fighting goes on - then I guess the courts do get involved. But if there is a notarized Advance Directive on file and/or presented, then legally the hospitals, doctors and courts would recognize it.

black dog

Free America
HIPAA doesn't stipulate to WHOM you must designate as your contacts. You can write down whomever is your contact person. Likewise, you can stipulate who to exclude. You can stipulate in an Medical Advance Directive who you designate, and you can also exclude people.

I think the whole point of contacting next of kin is when the deceased person has no one listed as the contact person in an emergency. IF fighting goes on - then I guess the courts do get involved. But if there is a notarized Advance Directive on file and/or presented, then legally the hospitals, doctors and courts would recognize it.

Post where I made that statement......

What I posted was..

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Post where I made that statement......

What I posted was..

I didn't say you said that. I was just using your post as a jumping in point, to be honest. Take the stick out of your a**. :rolleyes:

HIPAA. You're welcome.

gemma_rae

Cassie is only 58 years old!? What are the odds Cassie has let herself go and the receptionist had to grab for a waste basket in a case of TMI?:barf:

BernieP

Resident PIA
I can't see anyone saying that over someone having two partners.

In college I knew people that had sex with more than one person in a day.
Deleted my original reply because it didn't make sense a couple of days later.
Not sure what I was trying to say.

Maybe it was in response to the first sentence, there are plenty of people out there who say schit simply because they can. They feel the need to express their opinion when it really isn't called for. Maybe I was saying it's particularly prominent on the internet, where the virtue warriors can hide behind their screens.

Or maybe I was thinking you can find all kids of "groups" online. Trying to not pass judgement by calling them freaks :)
I might think it, but not going to say it. But let's be honest, when it comes to weird, polygamy is the least difficult to digest.
Though why some poor schmuck would want more than one wife is beyond me. Now orgy is another case.