Here's The 'Kit Kat' Ad Filled With 'Sexual Innuendo' That Sparked Thousands Of Moms To Protest

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
A petition started by OneMillionMoms.com highlights the 15-second Kit Kat ad featuring a clip of the song "Work It" by Missy Elliott. The petition, which has garnered over 8,000 signatures, calls on Nestle to pull the ad due to the sexual innuendo in the lyrics, noting that children consuming the ad will likely be repeating such suggestive lyrics. They also call on Kit Kit to put a stop to “inappropriate marketing campaigns.”

The petition describes the ad as follows:
"The inappropriate song playing in this commercial is called 'Work It' by artist Missy Elliott and has no place in a candy bar commercial. This song is about sex, and the lyrics are extremely offensive. The song includes a word for male genitalia that is bleeped out by an elephant trumpet: 'If ya got a big (phrrrrr), let me search it.' Everyone knows children repeat what they hear.
The focus of the commercial is the sexual message and not the product itself. The advertisement shows an unwrapped candy bar and briefly includes their logo at the end, but not once is KIT KAT audibly mentioned during their irresponsible commercial."

Hijinx

I listened twice and still don't know what they said..
Those 8,000 Moms have really great ears.

BOP

Are those the moms that are okay with their daughters going off to school dressed like hookers?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The "lyrics" of that song wouldn't have even registered with me. Sounds like a bunch of gibberish.

But what is it with these snack companies using rude sexual themes to sell their product? Remember B&J's Schweddy Balls ice cream? What's the point of that other than to be blatantly offensive?

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
But what is it with these snack companies using rude sexual themes to sell their product? Remember B&J's Schweddy Balls ice cream? What's the point of that other than to be blatantly offensive?

Trying to increase sales in the BLM demographic?

PeoplesElbow

I was a teen when there was controversy over Pepsi Cool Cans, if you arranged them just right you could kinda sorta make it look like the word SEX was spelled.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
The toilet paper ads are irritating. I hate the Charmin ones with the bears - all of them. I don't think they're cute at all. I would never buy their TP just because their ads annoy me so. The latest TP ad I've heard features a rap song about clean booties and it is probably the most annoying commercial I have ever listened to. :twitch:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
The toilet paper ads are irritating. I hate the Charmin ones with the bears - all of them. I don't think they're cute at all. I would never buy their TP just because their ads annoy me so. The latest TP ad I've heard features a rap song about clean booties and it is probably the most annoying commercial I have ever listened to. :twitch:

I miss Mr. Whipple. :bawl:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
"...my heinie's clean! :getdown:"

:twitch:

I'm always amazed at these commercials. Someone thought of it, ran it by other ad writers, ran it by the agency, who ran it by the customer....and it made the cut.