Here's what I'm thinking about today

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
There's a meme floating around that says, "I'm a nice person. If I'm a bitch to you, you need to ask yourself why."

People who know me will tell you I'm a nice person - unless they've given me a reason to not be nice to them. There are a lot of people you just can't be nice to because they'll take advantage of it and make you sorry you didn't cut them the first time they opened their mouth. They see kindness as a weakness and subservience, and will use it to unleash their inner bully.

Last night, for example:

I work in guest services at a high end resort. Most of our guests are wonderful people and serving them is a pleasure, and they genuinely appreciate the effort made so they can enjoy their stay. Then there are those others.... This one woman who stays for several months is real piece of work. My co-workers warned me about her but I was like, eh, I do well with difficult people.

Today I will go in and eat crow and apologize for doubting them. :lol:

Since she's been here she pretty much uses me as her personal concierge, which I don't mind. I make the same money whether I'm taking reservations or putting together activities or making copies for her. Plus these people spend a sh*t TON of money to stay here and I don't mind kissing their ass - I want them to feel tended to.

So yesterday she asked if I could reschedule a fundraiser dinner we have planned because she wants to have a private gathering in our facility that day. :lol: Obviously the answer to that is "no" and I told her so nicely, apologized for the inconvenience, blahblahblah. She gave me the Marie Barone "Oh Debra..." face but what else is she gonna do? Well....here's what:

Last night was my closing night, and typically I give guests some leeway. If I go to close the pool and there are people in the hot tub, I'll give them a 20 minute warning and go do something else instead of just telling them to get out. Well last night this woman and a couple other people were playing cards in the clubhouse, which I'd normally close at 8pm. I told her no problem, just text me when they're done so I can come lock up. So I waited....and waited....and finally at 9:30 I was like, yeah, time's up. So I went back to the clubhouse.....and they were gone. As in, they left and didn't bother to text me that I could come lock up.

:lmao:

I find that so incredibly rude and disrespectful. So today she's going to want something and I'll have a decision to make. :jet:

Unfortunately there are a lot of people like that in this ol' world and it's too bad.

GregV814

Look, you've been transparently transparent about this, and we'll circle back to this when and if it's clearly transparent that the aforementioned issues at hand are clearly referenced to the ladder. (latter)?

I am auditioning for an opening as the WH spokeswhiteman. I was a Roads scholar and the chairman of the board at Tufts University before I taught black studies at Howard University. Hey, it worked for Mrs. Santos.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Live and learn. I personally would have revisited that clubhouse every 15 mins until they got the message and left.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
When I was a lifeguard, I'd turn off all the lights except one or two. People got the idea pretty quick it was time to get out.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
If you can control the background music...that may be a helpful tool. Maybe Karma Chameleon in a loop would do the trick. Next try Hey Mickey!
She should go with some Gwar.
warped tour fuck this place GIF by GWAR

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
There's a meme floating around that says, "I'm a nice person. If I'm a bitch to you, you need to ask yourself why."

People who know me will tell you I'm a nice person - unless they've given me a reason to not be nice to them. There are a lot of people you just can't be nice to because they'll take advantage of it and make you sorry you didn't cut them the first time they opened their mouth. They see kindness as a weakness and subservience, and will use it to unleash their inner bully.

Last night, for example:

I work in guest services at a high end resort. Most of our guests are wonderful people and serving them is a pleasure, and they genuinely appreciate the effort made so they can enjoy their stay. Then there are those others.... This one woman who stays for several months is real piece of work. My co-workers warned me about her but I was like, eh, I do well with difficult people.

Today I will go in and eat crow and apologize for doubting them. :lol:

Since she's been here she pretty much uses me as her personal concierge, which I don't mind. I make the same money whether I'm taking reservations or putting together activities or making copies for her. Plus these people spend a sh*t TON of money to stay here and I don't mind kissing their ass - I want them to feel tended to.

So yesterday she asked if I could reschedule a fundraiser dinner we have planned because she wants to have a private gathering in our facility that day. :lol: Obviously the answer to that is "no" and I told her so nicely, apologized for the inconvenience, blahblahblah. She gave me the Marie Barone "Oh Debra..." face but what else is she gonna do? Well....here's what:

Last night was my closing night, and typically I give guests some leeway. If I go to close the pool and there are people in the hot tub, I'll give them a 20 minute warning and go do something else instead of just telling them to get out. Well last night this woman and a couple other people were playing cards in the clubhouse, which I'd normally close at 8pm. I told her no problem, just text me when they're done so I can come lock up. So I waited....and waited....and finally at 9:30 I was like, yeah, time's up. So I went back to the clubhouse.....and they were gone. As in, they left and didn't bother to text me that I could come lock up.

I find that so incredibly rude and disrespectful. So today she's going to want something and I'll have a decision to make. :jet:

Unfortunately there are a lot of people like that in this ol' world and it's too bad.
OHHHH...I totally get this!

I also work in and handle a LOT of customer service and in the past year, the amount of malcontents that I've had to deal with has gone up at least 100%. (new customers, NOT typically our regulars)

Anyway, I take it very seriously - I often say I get paid to be nice (at almost all cost) Until we have to "fire the customer". It's only happened a few time, and we do don't it lightly. But - it's happened.

Update us later!!

TPD

the poor dad
Along the lines of playing nice - last night I was checking into a hotel. I forgot my manners - when the woman behind the counter asked if she could help me, I simply walked up to the counter and asked if she had a room with a king bed for the night. She said yes and I said ok I’ll take it. As she is punching buttons, I apologized to her for not greeting her properly so I said let’s back up and I then said hi how are you tonight. She appreciated that and said because I was so nice to her she was upgrading me to the suite at the lowest price of a standard room. Thx! She then gave us a great recommendation to a local restaurant.

Nice gets you more!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Nice gets you more!

Yep. Plus I work in hospitality, so the least I could do is be...you know...hospitable. It's no skin off me to let them stay in the hot tub for another 10 minutes or finish their card game. It's not like I'm gonna take that time to cure cancer or anything. It's just the complete lack of appreciation that got me, and this isn't even her first offense - she's an ongoing challenge.

At Christmas our long term guests brought us cookies, candy, one guest sent the whole team an Italian sub luncheon (she's from Chicago), and another guest gave us each a $50 bill. Miss Thang....nothing. Which is fine because we don't really expect the guests to shower us with gifts, but considering how demanding she is you'd think she'd at least have sent a card of appreciation. When I do something out of the ordinary for her she says thank you like you'd thank your maid for serving tea: "Thank you, dear" all patronizing.

It's just tacky, and then she puts on airs like she's all that. :lol:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Yep. Plus I work in hospitality, so the least I could do is be...you know...hospitable. It's no skin off me to let them stay in the hot tub for another 10 minutes or finish their card game. It's not like I'm gonna take that time to cure cancer or anything. It's just the complete lack of appreciation that got me, and this isn't even her first offense - she's an ongoing challenge.

At Christmas our long term guests brought us cookies, candy, one guest sent the whole team an Italian sub luncheon (she's from Chicago), and another guest gave us each a $50 bill. Miss Thang....nothing. Which is fine because we don't really expect the guests to shower us with gifts, but considering how demanding she is you'd think she'd at least have sent a card of appreciation. When I do something out of the ordinary for her she says thank you like you'd thank your maid for serving tea: "Thank you, dear" all patronizing.

It's just tacky, and then she puts on airs like she's all that. :lol:
I wonder if she is nouve riche.