Hero of the Day

Fubar

Look my ass glows!
A state trooper was injured trying to rescue more than 50 cattle from a two-alarm blaze at a dairy farm in Harford County. Authorities said 10 of the cows were killed and a barn was destroyed in the Tuesday morning fire.

Cpl. James Kozlewski III was off-duty as he was driving down a road near Bel Air about 10:30 a.m. when he spotted the fire. Kozlewski was knocked unconscious and suffered a leg and shoulder injury while he was trying to rescue 57 dairy cattle, Deputy State Fire Marshal W. Faron Taylor said.

About 40 firefighters from several county volunteer fire departments responded, bringing the fire under control by 11:15 a.m., Taylor said. The fire started when hay came in contact with a small front loader's exhaust pipe, fire officials said. Damage is estimated at $700,000.

The farm has been in the Dallam family since 1726 and they've been operating it as a dairy farm and ice cream shop since 1996.The ice cream shop and a boutique selling products made at the farm were not damaged because they are hundreds of feet away from the fire.

"This is a pretty major setback, but we'll rebuild," the Dallam family said.

Cowgirl

:clap: Good for him. I've heard so many stories of dairy barns burning and killing all of the cows....poor things.

Pete

Repete
Cowgirl said:
:clap: Good for him. I've heard so many stories of dairy barns burning and killing all of the cows....poor things.
I was on the Avera Georgia volunteer FD and the worst fire I ever went to was a hog barn. It was terrible, all the squeeling. It took me months before I could stand the thought of a BLT.