Hey, baby, I'm your telephone man...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Hurray for Verizon! My phone has been on the fritz without me realizing it - couldn't receive all calls. Some would come through, and others would just result in a fast busy signal for the caller. Finally a client told me that they'd tried to call several times when I know I was sitting here, so they helped me troubleshoot and realize there was a problem.

I got on Verizon online and had their program run a check, which came back with, "Yep, you gots a problem." That was Monday. This morning the Verizon tech calls me and he's down the street checking lines, which had gotten crossed up and were hosing up the works. He fixed it, I'm fixed, and life is good again.

But I was impressed with how fast they came out to fix it, and more impressed that I could go online and get a line check right then and there.

:thewave:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Do you know that Emily's will be closing?
Pong actually has the business up for sale.

Sorry to hear that.

Ooh you should buy it! I can make lumpia, you know. Big economy sized ones! Just make sure you get her sauce recipe.

But I was impressed with how fast they came out to fix it, and more impressed that I could go online and get a line check right then and there.

:thewave:

Using the internet to report a problem is faster and more efficient than phoning in the report. I've phoned in trouble reports and the technician rarely receives the details of the problem.

You might get a quality assurance phone call shortly (and a second one sometimes for no apparent reason). They always ask silly questions like 'did he tell you he was coming' and 'did he come to the house and explain what he was going to do', yada yada. What he did was exactly what I wanted. He called, said it was fixed, told me what was wrong, and said call direct if the problem comes back. I always lie and say Yes to the silly questions because I want them to get a good report on the tech.

I'm curious as to how you handle the silly questions.

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oh lawdy, the tread title reminds me of when I was taking some classes in a building that predominantly housed AT&T folks. The bumper stickers on 85 percent of the cars in that parking lot said "Let a phone man plug it in". :lmao:

TPD

the poor dad
Using the internet to report a problem is faster and more efficient than phoning in the report. I've phoned in trouble reports and the technician rarely receives the details of the problem.

I disagree. Last week, I PHONED Verizon to report a problem with one of my telephone lines. In less than 24 hours, a tech was out and had the problem fixed! And the best part - no silly follow up survey call.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Why ya'll hating on the follow up survey call? I appreciate that Verizon wants customer feedback so they can straighten out any wayward techs.

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
Why ya'll hating on the follow up survey call? I appreciate that Verizon wants customer feedback so they can straighten out any wayward techs.
I thought I was your telephone man? :really:

Sadly, they don't pass along most commendations to the techs anymore. They DO pass on complaints though. That line: "This call may be recorded for quality purposes" is bah-loney! Have you heard of any company's quality improving because they record the conversations?

willie

The techs have always done a great job for me, it's the incompetents you have to deal with before you get to the techs that drove me away.