Hey, baby, I'm your telephone man...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20050606/D8AI8LM81.html

Crowe, 41, who plays a boxer in his latest film, "Cinderella Man," allegedly threw the phone at the concierge at the Mercer Hotel in SoHo, "hitting him in the face and causing a laceration and substantial pain," according to the complaint.
Statement from Crowe's publicist (from the front page of Drudge):

"Frustrated by a clerk's unwillingness to help him put through a phone call to his family in Australia, Russell Crowe was involved in a minor altercation at the Mercer Hotel earlier this morning. After asking the front desk several times to replace a faulty phone in his room - and getting only attitude from the clerk on duty - Crowe brought the phone down to the front desk in an effort to address the situation in person. Words were exchanged and Crowe wound up throwing the phone against the wall. He regrets that he lost his temper, but at no time did he assault anyone or touch any hotel employee.

Robin Baum
So was it a desk clerk or the concierge? And he's FOS - Russell Crowe did NOT get attitude from the staff at the Mercer. Maybe peons like me would get a snippy attitude, but you better believe an Oscar winner will be treated like gold there.

These publicists - are they all stupid or do they just hope we are? This loony is trying to make us believe that Russell Crowe tried to peacefully get his phone fixed, then "wound up" throwing it against the wall, like there's never been any stories about his previous altercations.

:rolleyes:

tomchamp

I was wondering?

When I read this earlier...I was in the Navy! Seen guys who got the Dear John letter!...Why else would he snap like that! :duh:

ylexot

Super Genius
What I don't understand is how did he call the front desk to complain about the phone if it didn't work? :confused:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I think Russell Crowe...

...should be able to beat the help as he sees fit if they're not doing what he wants.

How else they gonna learn?

"ME super star. YOU Fixee fixee."

Tinkerbell

Baby blues
Heard on the radio this morning that Crowe actually told the judge, when he went to court for this, that throwing a phone is not assault. He said he often throws things :boxing: , that's how he is and that people need to learn to move out of the way! That was his defense. :lmao: :killingme

Pete

Repete
How come you never hear about one of these star getting an ass whoopin at the hands of Joe Blow the bus boy who they got crappy with? I know for sure Russell Crowe or no Russell Crowe, if he threw a phone at me he would have a serious ass whoopin (or a good damn attempt) delivered same day air.

The only person I could think of who would get a free pass would be John Wayne, and he is dead and the free shot is not transferrable.

AC/DC

Lord, I apologize.
Pete said:
The only person I could think of who would get a free pass would be John Wayne, and he is dead and the free shot is not transferrable.

John Wayne had too much class for that kind of behavior.

Pete

Repete
AC/DC said:
John Wayne had too much class for that kind of behavior.
True, but he wouldn't put up with crap either. I remember one time reading an old interview some magazine did with his son Patrick. The question was something like "So what do you call your father around the house? Dad? Duke? or Pop? something like that?" Patrick Wayne replied "Sir"

AC/DC

Lord, I apologize.
Pete said:
True, but he wouldn't put up with crap either. I remember one time reading an old interview some magazine did with his son Patrick. The question was something like "So what do you call your father around the house? Dad? Duke? or Pop? something like that?" Patrick Wayne replied "Sir"

:killingme :killingme I LOVE IT!! :yay::yay:

There are very few in movies today that hold a candle in class to that.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I'm sure Crowe isn't the only person who's blown a bearing dealing with hotel employees, but since he's a celebrity it gets front page. Hell, I'd like to throw something at most of the people I come in contact with.

SamSpade

Pete said:
How come you never hear about one of these star getting an ass whoopin at the hands of Joe Blow the bus boy who they got crappy with? I know for sure Russell Crowe or no Russell Crowe, if he threw a phone at me he would have a serious ass whoopin (or a good damn attempt) delivered same day air.

I know a guy - or knew, actually, online, some years back - who mentioned that he'd gone toe to toe with Crowe way back before he was all that well known. Granted, my acquaintance is very strong, but he said that Crowe was a wuss - it was a very short altercation. He used to joke that he thought it was funny to see him as a fighter on the big screen, because he'd seen the guy up close and personal.