Hey! Criticism for Trump

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I am pretty disappointed in his response to the reporter questioning the bailout for the KenCen. He basically said, well, I like them and they need the money, they put on good events, and we did get that down $10 million...

:loser:

He should have just said that it's a bone for big political donors (who are apparently too cheap to pay for that sh^t out of their m/billions). Or better, he should have ripped up that elitist pork project right in Nancy Pelosi's face. There are maybe 100 people in this whole country who give a **** about the Kennedy Center - most Americans don't even know what it is. Giving them $25 million of OUR tax money is bullshit.

Reactions: BOP

Hijinx

I am pretty disappointed in his response to the reporter questioning the bailout for the KenCen. He basically said, well, I like them and they need the money, they put on good events, and we did get that down $10 million...

He should have just said that it's a bone for big political donors (who are apparently too cheap to pay for that sh^t out of their m/billions). Or better, he should have ripped up that elitist pork project right in Nancy Pelosi's face. There are maybe 100 people in this whole country who give a **** about the Kennedy Center - most Americans don't even know what it is. Giving them $25 million of OUR tax money is bullshit.

The Kennedy Center??? Isn't that the theater for Watergate?
It's where all of the wheels in Washington go to show off their trophy wives.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
Yup, disappointing. No doubt a case of tactical versus strategic: okay to lose in some of the small things so long as one wins the big thing.

But, Vrai, you won't get any credit for criticizing Trump from our #TDS friends. Doesn't fit their narrative; as such, will be overlooked.

--- End of line (MCP)

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Howard University (HBCU) got themselves $13MM. Gaetz called this out and was promptly called a what? _ _ _ _ _ _
How many N95s can that buy? Ventilators? How about subsidies to the independent businesses that are donating time and material to make masks and hand sanitizer?

Hijinx

Howard University (HBCU) got themselves $13MM. Gaetz called this out and was promptly called a what? _ _ _ _ _ _
How many N95s can that buy? Ventilators? How about subsidies to the independent businesses that are donating time and material to make masks and hand sanitizer?

Did the money go to Howard or to the Hospital there.?
If it went to the hospital they will probably need it for the flu victims.

kom526

Did the money go to Howard or to the Hospital there.?
If it went to the hospital they will probably need it for the flu victims.
Does not specify in the bill, just to Howard for "Covid-19" prep. This money wasn't earmarked just because Howard has a hospital, there are plenty of schools with much better hospitals.

Chris0nllyn

Does this behavior really surprise you?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Does this behavior really surprise you?

Not really. He wrote about it in The Art of the Deal - you have to give them something in order to get what you want. Right now Trump wants to get the country back on track and Americans back to work, and if he has to grease the palms of his (and our) opponents to do it then that's the way it is.

Chris0nllyn

Not really. He wrote about it in The Art of the Deal - you have to give them something in order to get what you want. Right now Trump wants to get the country back on track and Americans back to work, and if he has to grease the palms of his (and our) opponents to do it then that's the way it is.

And the reality is, this isn't something solely on Trump. I'm sure we all remember Solyndra and the corporate bailouts by the Democrats in 2008. Bailouts, handouts, govt. positions to donors, etc. it's all rotten to the core.

This is fundamental government problem.

kom526

And the reality is, this isn't something solely on Trump. I'm sure we all remember Solyndra and the corporate bailouts by the Democrats in 2008. Bailouts, handouts, govt. positions to donors, etc. it's all rotten to the core.

This is fundamental government problem.
True.