Hey Crotch Rocket Riders!

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Good looking scooter sir, my second Sportster had 6" over tubes, the good part was it was a xlch, much easier to start in the cold with a button. I did coast to coast with it, one time and one time only.
Was that a 45 or a 74 flathead ? What year?

47 U, 74ci.

ginwoman

I was involved in an accident on RT4 near St Leonard where one hit me in the rear end. He was riding it like an idiot and the cops were chasing him and he tried to split lanes and bounced off the sides of 2 cars before hitting me while stopped for the road block. They pulled him out from under my work truck and did CPR to revive him but he didn't make it to the hospital. It was not a nice experience even knowing that I did nothing wrong.

Daymn....sorry you had that experience

3CATSAILOR

we had one blast past us on 97 at easily over 150 mph the other day. Startled the hell out of us. Another one on their way to becoming hamburger.

A few years ago I was traveling north on I 95 near DC. Traffic was moving reasonably well. In a flash three crotch rockets flew by, well over 100mph. A few minutes later the traffic slowed to a crawl. One of the three hit the concrete median. He was ejected over the concrete wall where his body went airborne in to a car traveling the opposite way on I 95. Then he was run over by other cars to ensure he was dead. You could see the cars that hit him all pulled over to await the police. The other two crotch rocket guys were on the shoulder with their mouths dropped down visibility shaking.

BernieP

Resident PIA
A few years ago I was traveling north on I 95 near DC. Traffic was moving reasonably well. In a flash three crotch rockets flew by, well over 100mph. A few minutes later the traffic slowed to a crawl. One of the three hit the concrete median. He was ejected over the concrete wall where his body went airborne in to a car traveling the opposite way on I 95. Then he was run over by other cars to ensure he was dead. You could see the cars that hit him all pulled over to await the police. The other two crotch rocket guys were on the shoulder with their mouths dropped down visibility shaking.

My sympathy to the drivers in those cars. (Same to Bman)
Tough knowing some idiot used your vehicle to commit suicide.

littlelady

God bless the USA
I was involved in an accident on RT4 near St Leonard where one hit me in the rear end. He was riding it like an idiot and the cops were chasing him and he tried to split lanes and bounced off the sides of 2 cars before hitting me while stopped for the road block. They pulled him out from under my work truck and did CPR to revive him but he didn't make it to the hospital. It was not a nice experience even knowing that I did nothing wrong.

That is just awful. I used to live in St. Leonard. When did it happen?

Last edited:

steppinthrax

Who was responsible for your car. That's what I would be worried about the most. The money and property damage factor.

steppinthrax

I almost squashed a skinny lil' lad on a red rocket last Monday afternoon. Southbound on Rt.5 @ Carrico Mill Rd. I passed a car on the left and signaled to get back in the right lane, saw him at the last second, he was passing the same car on the right using the acceleration lane as a passing lane. I worked midnight shift on Wednesday,Thursday @ 0430 the same young lad passed me on the right shoulder Rt.5 SB at Gallant Green Rd. County Sheriff had him pulled over @ Carrico Mill Rd. Don't know if it was coincidence or they were waiting for him. Hopefully he learned something before he becomes ground meat.

Maryland is a Contributory Negligence state. Meaning, when assessing liability, if you can prove that the other party contributed at least 1% to his/her demise they can't collect.

I try to remember this when I'm on the road around #######s.