Hey Dougster

river rat

BUCKING GOAT
Got the boat fixed. :dance:

It is a rather long story but, apparently when I drained the gear lube.....
I removed a screw that held the shifter shaft in place :jet:

So I had to remove the water pump housing and the top plate to get the linkage back together.......and to do that I had to use a long peice of wire and patience. It was a biatch.

However, the boat is back together and in the water.

Just thought I'd let ya know and thanks for the advice.

D

dems4me

Good job River!! All morning I was :burning: and :jameo: "my boat's totalled" :jameo: but you fixed it up really, really good! :clap: It was great being out on the water, hitting full throttle :yahoo:

Hey Doug, I did have a question though. In the slip the outboard is up and out of the water and it has a new anode on it behind the prop. However, that front peice (up by the water intake) sits about 3 inches in the water. Is this okay??? It looks okay, I'm pretty sure its okay but thought I'd ask anyways. If not I can just leave the outboard in the water because it has an anode, but guy at marina says I still want the outboard up to drain any water out of it. Any suggestions? :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
My suburban wont start..I was sent out in the shed for a battery charger and extension cord...I got the jumper box and extension cord..I was called a stupid freaking biatch and sent in the house..:ohwell:

D

dems4me

Pasofever said:
My suburban wont start..I was sent out in the shed for a battery charger and extension cord...I got the jumper box and extension cord..I was called a stupid freaking biatch and sent in the house..:ohwell:

:huggy:

river rat

BUCKING GOAT
Pasofever said:

Shiat girl, going to the shed and getting it is the hard part!

WTF did he have to do? :shrug:

Next time, go get it and hook the dang thang up and tell him he is a worthless Son of a biatch and send him in the house.

Last edited:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Well I wondered why he wanted the box I had tried earlier..the thing is..I tried 2 jumper boxes both were dead..I tried daughters car it would not get it going..So I had tried by myself..I even called the neighbor before I wanted to even ask him to do it but he was not home..He hooked the charger to the battery and left it awhile I am afraid to even ask if it is running...

OH and I tried the dually to jump it..now why would it not jump..Its not like I asked for his help right off the bat..

Pandora

Pasofever said:

By your husband?

I would have walked up and kicked him square in the ball sack. :shrug:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
river rat said:
Sounds like...........

Dead Cell in the battery? How long did the 'burb set? :confused:

New big battery the neighbor got for me...industral strength... :lmao: $85 his cost...he left the charger for over an hour or so..

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
river rat said:
Got the boat fixed. :dance:

It is a rather long story but, apparently when I drained the gear lube.....
I removed a screw that held the shifter shaft in place :jet:

So I had to remove the water pump housing and the top plate to get the linkage back together.......and to do that I had to use a long peice of wire and patience. It was a biatch.

However, the boat is back together and in the water.

Just thought I'd let ya know and thanks for the advice.

Cool Just got my WIFI to work here at YOGI Bear Camp ground:killingme:

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
dems4me said:
Good job River!! All morning I was :burning: and :jameo: "my boat's totalled" :jameo: but you fixed it up really, really good! :clap: It was great being out on the water, hitting full throttle :yahoo:

Hey Doug, I did have a question though. In the slip the outboard is up and out of the water and it has a new anode on it behind the prop. However, that front peice (up by the water intake) sits about 3 inches in the water. Is this okay??? It looks okay, I'm pretty sure its okay but thought I'd ask anyways. If not I can just leave the outboard in the water because it has an anode, but guy at marina says I still want the outboard up to drain any water out of it. Any suggestions? :flowers:

if you did not use an anti fouling paint for the lower unit it will grow barnacles