hey fellow old pharts....

GregV814

I have an old truck. Not by my standards, its a 1998 Ranger...Personally I prefer pre-75.....

But I dont like Don Geronimo at all and TRex and Heathbone dont fit me perfet. So, I have a cassette player in the Ranger and had a shoebox full of old CASSETTE TAPES in my basement, and said... hmmmmmmm..
I took a long Q tip in alcohol and cleaned the head of the cassette player head... Remember doing that with an 8 track and cassettes???? GenZ and Millinials, Gen whatever are confused already...

Digging thru the shoebox.... "Savoy Brown", Bloodworth and "D.O.A."... Beatles, Stones....a broken AllMan Bros case... "Ah yes, "sweet Melissa"...

Only it wasn't....I must have slipped in a "Greatest Hits of Henry Mancini" years ago.... Ya know what????? ummmmmmm.... "Mr. Lucky", "peter Gunn"

TPD

the poor dad
Can I bring my Berry Manylow cassette to listen to in your ranger tomorrow morning? Oh yeah an Brabra Mandrelly

Grumpy

Can I bring my Berry Manylow cassette to listen to in your ranger tomorrow morning? Oh yeah an Brabra Mandrelly
Saw Barry Manilow at Constitution Hall in 75, free tix, enjoyed the concert, especially when he did a medley of all the product jingles he had done in the past. Wasn't a fan but they were freebie tix and I did have a good time.

Reactions: TPD

DaSDGuy

Mine are more like Santana, Santana Abraxis, Led Zep (first 4 albums), Tull (first 5 albums), Beatles, Procol Harum, Pink Floyd (all I could find). Basically anything Dad didn't like.

Grumpy

Mine are more like Santana, Santana Abraxis, Led Zep (first 4 albums), Tull (first 5 albums), Beatles, Procol Harum, Pink Floyd (all I could find). Basically anything Dad didn't like.
Funny, my father (prez of a DC bank) loved Dark Side of the Moon

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
My old faithful ride is a '78 Bronco. I put a CD +Bluetooth stereo in it though, because I I ain't old as Greg.

I had an amazing collection of tapes once; one of my employees back in the late 70swas an audiophile and had a large collection of "master" albums that he would record on to high-quality tape cartridges. Far superior audio quality than the retail store tapes off the shelf.

Jeff Beck, Robin Trower, Pink Floyd, Genesis, Clapton, Jan Hammer, Traffic, Led Zep, and on and on. It all sorta disappeared over the years..lent out...eaten by tape players...who knows. Don't even own a tape player now...might be one in the nonfunctioning factory radio in my '89 F-250 mobile welding rig...

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I went on a cleaning spree s few years back. Any cassettes I found went to donations. BTW, lots of cassettes at ReStore in the St. Mary's Square.

All my CDs and DVDs got ripped, so I have a cabinet full of CD/DVDs that are next on the list.

GMC has a CD player, it's never been used.

GregV814

My old faithful ride is a '78 Bronco. I put a CD +Bluetooth stereo in it though, because I I ain't old as Greg.

I had an amazing collection of tapes once; one of my employees back in the late 70swas an audiophile and had a large collection of "master" albums that he would record on to high-quality tape cartridges. Far superior audio quality than the retail store tapes off the shelf.

Jeff Beck, Robin Trower, Pink Floyd, Genesis, Clapton, Jan Hammer, Traffic, Led Zep, and on and on. It all sorta disappeared over the years..lent out...eaten by tape players...who knows. Don't even own a tape player now...might be one in the nonfunctioning factory radio in my '89 F-250 mobile welding rig...
yeah??? Oh yeah??? well, my 48 oldsmobile has an AM radio with a revolving antenna mast, with a nob inside between the visors. I can pick up Kay Kaisers smash hts and even Frankie singing "Stardust"..... so, put that in your pipe and light it!!! Hide d ho,

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
with a revolving antenna mast
First thing I installed in my '78 BRAT was a telescoping AM/FM/CB antenna that had a little light on the tip that lit up when you keyed the mike and went up/down when you turned the radio on.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
yeah??? Oh yeah??? well, my 48 oldsmobile has an AM radio with a revolving antenna mast, with a nob inside between the visors. I can pick up Kay Kaisers smash hts and even Frankie singing "Stardust"..... so, put that in your pipe and light it!!! Hide d ho,
My '63 El Dorado had a "wonderbar" radio with "reverb" on the FM channels. So there!, ya old fart!