Baz

This. ------------------>

Attachments

• nhl_a_emery_300.jpg
    nhl_a_emery_300.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 54

LordStanley

I know nothing
I didn't think about that aspect of his game. Good point! Hopefully you didn't get him for his goaltending skills.

Or his locker room charisma. :smile:

We need a goalie since Biron and Nitty are free agents...

Emery played pretty well over in Russia. But then again, Im not sure how competitive that league is. Will be interesting to see how the next season plays out.

They will probably make it to the playoffs and fail as usual :lol:

Baz

This. ------------------>
We need a goalie since Biron and Nitty are free agents...

Emery played pretty well over in Russia. But then again, Im not sure how competitive that league is. Will be interesting to see how the next season plays out.

They will probably make it to the playoffs and fail as usual :lol:

I guess he's a low risk gamble. He's certainly cheaper than Biron, and Philly needs all the cap room they can get. Do they have anyone in the AHL they have targeted to be their goalie of the future? Maybe they just need a one year temp to hold the position.

If he can keep his personality issues from resurfacing, it may work out.

Peter Forsberg

I guess he's a low risk gamble. He's certainly cheaper than Biron, and Philly needs all the cap room they can get. Do they have anyone in the AHL they have targeted to be their goalie of the future? Maybe they just need a one year temp to hold the position.

If he can keep his personality issues from resurfacing, it may work out.
We have had no luck with young goaltenders. It's hard to evaluate goaltenders at the ripe age of 18-20. Birion 4mil a year... Emery 1.5mil.