Hey, Hockey people! PTO?

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
Please take pity upon a new and not very well-informed fan. Looking at a roster that still has a few players to be cut and beside one guy's name, they have listed "PTO", which, according to their key, means "professional try out". Everyone else is listed as NHL.

So, what the heck does "PTO" mean in the context of the roster?

TIA! I hope to learn even more this year!

LordStanley

I know nothing
Please take pity upon a new and not very well-informed fan. Looking at a roster that still has a few players to be cut and beside one guy's name, they have listed "PTO", which, according to their key, means "professional try out". Everyone else is listed as NHL.

So, what the heck does "PTO" mean in the context of the roster?

TIA! I hope to learn even more this year!

It means they werent drafted from a college. They werent brought up from a farm team...

They walked in off the street and tried out of the team. If the have PTO, it means they havent been cut yet.

LastSon

Man of Tomorrow
It means they werent drafted from a college. They werent brought up from a farm team...

They walked in off the street and tried out of the team. If the have PTO, it means they havent been cut yet.

Key word.

Caps with a nice 6-2 win over the 'Hawks last night! :yahoo:

OldHillcrestGuy

Awesome game! A completely different team from the other night. They are already in mid-season form...I hope they can keep it up. LET'S GO CAPS!!! :yahoo:

This was the first game Ovie has played dont know if some of the other regulars were held out of the previous game or not. Oh they are going to be good this year.

twinoaks207

Having Fun!

Thank you for taking time to further my education. I really do appreciate it! I guess since you all are discussing the Caps in this thread, I won't mention that I was looking at a Penguins roster at the time :lmao:

Baz

This. ------------------>

:yeahthat:

PTO stands for Professional Try-Out.