Hey Horsey People

ladyhawk

Personally I have always driven a standard, and have never needed electric brakes on a trailer. I downshift through the gears which can be rough on the clutch and brakes but high performance parts do hold up longer... Best way to find out how someone drives a trailer is have them drive with you in the back. You can tell when the turn too fast, stop too fast and actually experience a little of what a horse would.. . We used to do that to the newbie drivers! Sometimes we made a rough ride on purpose! LOL

If you have an automatic, I think hauling heavy loads that shift would take a heavy toll on the transmission. But with advancements in technology and the popularity of automatics these days, I'm sure the brakes hanging up are probably not an issue anymore...

I had always been told electric brakes get hung up and end up being more problematic than not..... But that was some years ago too...

June

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Personally I have always driven a standard, and have never needed electric brakes on a trailer. I downshift through the gears which can be rough on the clutch and brakes but high performance parts do hold up longer... Best way to find out how someone drives a trailer is have them drive with you in the back. You can tell when the turn too fast, stop too fast and actually experience a little of what a horse would.. . We used to do that to the newbie drivers! Sometimes we made a rough ride on purpose! LOL

If you have an automatic, I think hauling heavy loads that shift would take a heavy toll on the transmission. But with advancements in technology and the popularity of automatics these days, I'm sure the brakes hanging up are probably not an issue anymore...

I had always been told electric brakes get hung up and end up being more problematic than not..... But that was some years ago too...

June

Thanks for your help June.
And wishing you the best with all your trailering.

ladyhawk

Thanks for your help June.
And wishing you the best with all your trailering.

Don't do much trailering these days..
Good luck getting your truck worked out. I believe you have some really good advice in the other thread!

June