Hey Larry

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Yeah...

DoWhat said:
Do you want to put something on this game?

...a warning label;

Warning: Mark Brunnel is Old. There's a reason Todd Collins has 17 starts in 11 years.

There is NO reason for Jason Campbell to not get every last snap the rest of pre season. He is the real deal and needs the reps. Brunnel ain't gonna get any better and he'll be needed if Campbell just ain't getting it by week 3 or 4 of the regualr season. Collins is break glass only in case of emergency.

If Brunnel starts the season, he's gonna break down by mid/late season and Campbell won't have had the work. If we go with Jason now, it's either working or it's too soon and a HEALTHY Brunnel doesn't have to play 16 games.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Larry Gude said:
...a warning label;

Warning: Mark Brunnel is Old. There's a reason Todd Collins has 17 starts in 11 years.

There is NO reason for Jason Campbell to not get every last snap the rest of pre season. He is the real deal and needs the reps. Brunnel ain't gonna get any better and he'll be needed if Campbell just ain't getting it by week 3 or 4 of the regualr season. Collins is break glass only in case of emergency.

If Brunnel starts the season, he's gonna break down by mid/late season and Campbell won't have had the work. If we go with Jason now, it's either working or it's too soon and a HEALTHY Brunnel doesn't have to play 16 games.
I have to agree. I thought for sure that Collins would be the back-up after watching the scrimmage but after last night.:faint:

Campbell looked top notch last night until he made that interception, didn't even see the guy coming.

BuddyLee

Football addict
How about that first string 'D' putting the Bengals into negative rushing yards. Just hope that no one gets hurt in the season.:jameo:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Ok...

BuddyLee said:
I have to agree. I thought for sure that Collins would be the back-up after watching the scrimmage but after last night.:faint:

Campbell looked top notch last night until he made that interception, didn't even see the guy coming.

...pics happen to everyone. It's the kind of picks that matter. Mark and Todds were both confused, hesitant, panic kinda things. Todds was HORRIBLE and Marks was just one more sing of age. If you're gonna throw it away, throw it AWAY, into the 3rd row, not out in the far flat where anything can happen.

Jasons pic was a decisive, aggressive throw; he read, he reacted. It was a mistake, but a good one.

One of my coaches told us, over and over, if you screw up, screw up at 100%, going hard, going fast. Hesitancy is death. Indecisiveness is death.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
The D...

BuddyLee said:
How about that first string 'D' putting the Bengals into negative rushing yards. Just hope that no one gets hurt in the season.:jameo:

...are a bunch of raging monsters. The only place we look weak is corner depth but, damn, if their QB can't even take a drop before getting snowed under, it's less a problem. Plus add in the Taylor factor; Even if they catch it, he's gonna maim somebody.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Larry Gude said:
...pics happen to everyone. It's the kind of picks that matter. Mark and Todds were both confused, hesitant, panic kinda things. Todds was HORRIBLE and Marks was just one more sing of age. If you're gonna throw it away, throw it AWAY, into the 3rd row, not out in the far flat where anything can happen.

Jasons pic was a decisive, aggressive throw; he read, he reacted. It was a mistake, but a good one.

One of my coaches told us, over and over, if you screw up, screw up at 100%, going hard, going fast. Hesitancy is death. Indecisiveness is death.
I think that guy just came up from nowhere, it probably would have been yet another catch for our guy behind him.

The kid sure does have a good touch though. All I heard last night from Redskins radio, Madden, and so on was "Man that kid's got a good touch".:lol: Especially that last deep ball towards the 45 right up the middle.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
And to toot my own horn...

BuddyLee said:
I think that guy just came up from nowhere, it probably would have been yet another catch for our guy behind him.

The kid sure does have a good touch though. All I heard last night from Redskins radio, Madden, and so on was "Man that kid's got a good touch".:lol: Especially that last deep ball towards the 45 right up the middle.

...which I rarely do, right after I posted my 'Play Jason Only' post, Madden siad the same thing.

The guy who made the pick was down in the flat, short and to J's right, Jason saw our guy open behind him on the deep out, his defender behind him and threw it. He was open. The under guy played his defense right, made a good read and drifted back into the passing lane. Jason never looked at the under guy because he was, in Jasons inexperience mind, not in position to make a play.

The guy is a STUD. He needs PT. Playing time.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Hey Larry...

Larry Gude said:
The only place we look weak is corner depth but,
...you got a magic lamp over there?

http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=18823

The Redskins have acquired cornerback Mike Rumph in a trade with the San Francisco 49ers, the team announced on Monday. In exchange for Rumph, the Redskins sent wide receiver Taylor Jacobs to the 49ers.

Rumph, 6-2 and 206 pounds, is in his fifth year in the NFL after being selected by the Niners in the first round of the 2002 NFL Draft. He is expected to provide depth at both the cornerback and safety position.

Rumph also brings the total of Miami alums to six, playing for the Hurricanes from 1998 to 2001 and posting 36 starts, 164 tackles (117 solo) and six interceptions. He was first team All Big East as a senior in 2001 and was a teammate of Clinton Portis, Santana Moss and Sean Taylor.