Hey Larry

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
and other interested parties, Haveya read the latest @ ExtremeSkins? Patten for TJ Duckett. But if you've been to that site you know that half of the team is on the block and it was Joe Gibbs that handed down those tablets to Moses. :lmao:

Oh, and a face from the past came a calling today also. One Mr. Stephen Davis finds himself with freshly repaired knees and nowhere to run. He also interviewed w/ the iggles today.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Extreme Skins is an example...

kom526 said:
and other interested parties, Haveya read the latest @ ExtremeSkins? Patten for TJ Duckett. But if you've been to that site you know that half of the team is on the block and it was Joe Gibbs that handed down those tablets to Moses. :lmao:

Oh, and a face from the past came a calling today also. One Mr. Stephen Davis finds himself with freshly repaired knees and nowhere to run. He also interviewed w/ the iggles today.

...of forum as DC beltway; just too damn much traffic. There's plenty of people over there with something to say, who actually will discuss football and, as you mention, there's the Gibbs Amen Choir. Then there's the 'thanks for the great season!' cheerleaders who incited my wrath by being all happy, touchy/feely THE NIGHT of the Seattle debacle last season. Not exactly my idea of an 'extreme' fan.

Any topic descends into rapid fire posts that I simply couldn't keep up with, even if I quit my job. It's like the old AOL chat rooms, where the thread just about auto scrolls, people are posting so fast. It was far to time consuming to even try to keep up with the people who actually wanted to say something besides "Gibbs is God." Those are the people who, on a discussion forum, instantly point out that any point you make contrary to Gibbs Gospel that I, the offender, aren't the coach nor know much about football nor have any business questioning anything. No discussing on the discussion board! It's a cult over there.

You can hear anything over there and, to me, nothing, at the same time. It's kinda like living next to the beltway; after awhile, you can't even hear the noise.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Not bad...

Softballkid said:
GIBBS IS GOD AND YOU DONT KNOW JACK ABOUT FOOSEBALL

SO QUITCHER BEECHIN

That is all :snacks:

:lol:

...but you gotta add the;

"Are YOU the coach? How many years have you been coaching in the NFL?'"

"Coach Gibbs makes that decision, not YOU. I think Coach Gibbs knows a lot more about it than YOU do."

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
Larry Gude said:
...but you gotta add the;

"Are YOU the coach? How many years have you been coaching in the NFL?'"

"Coach Gibbs makes that decision, not YOU. I think Coach Gibbs knows a lot more about it than YOU do."

I mean, I won't lie, I wouldn't mind Duckett for Patton, he would be a very good asset....Davis on the other hand..I do think, its time he calls it quits, or excepts a lower pay and be a back up or something (just not in Washington).... I just dont see him being very affective, or reliable for that matter in our offense...Now I was a Davis lover when we had him before and he did what he did, but now, a little older, we got Portis, I think its a fair trade, Ill take Portis any day of the week :yay:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Patten...

Softballkid said:

I mean, I won't lie, I wouldn't mind Duckett for Patton, he would be a very good asset....Davis on the other hand..I do think, its time he calls it quits, or excepts a lower pay and be a back up or something (just not in Washington).... I just dont see him being very affective, or reliable for that matter in our offense...Now I was a Davis lover when we had him before and he did what he did, but now, a little older, we got Portis, I think its a fair trade, Ill take Portis any day of the week :yay:

...is, to more, more important than Duckett. We got several second tier guys who are as good as or about as good as Duckett. If one of the big three WR's goes down, Patten, a healthy Patten, would be missed, a bunch.

Davis was sent a one way ticket by the Eagles, so, it may be moot. He is actually more in the Gibbs mold (Rogers, Riggs, Riggo) than Portis. But now we're supposedly moving to a Portis friendly zone block scheme, so, Davis would be switching horses in the middle of the stream.

Add to all that Portis is said to be doing well and should be ready for the opener.

kom526

I forgot to add to my 1st post the source of the rumor. The Atlanta Journal Constitution reported this on Monday.

The guys who support this rumor are saying ,"Yeah short yardage and goal line situations are ideal for Duckett." Well I say that I like Sellers in these situations, he did it some last year and he flattened a few folks on Saturday. The 11th can't get here fast enough.:tap:

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
Larry Gude said:
...is, to more, more important than Duckett. We got several second tier guys who are as good as or about as good as Duckett. If one of the big three WR's goes down, Patten, a healthy Patten, would be missed, a bunch.

Davis was sent a one way ticket by the Eagles, so, it may be moot. He is actually more in the Gibbs mold (Rogers, Riggs, Riggo) than Portis. But now we're supposedly moving to a Portis friendly zone block scheme, so, Davis would be switching horses in the middle of the stream.

Add to all that Portis is said to be doing well and should be ready for the opener.

That is all very true, I was thinking along the lines of Duckett more towards a blocking scheme, sweeps, power running, and things of that nature... Not to say Sellers cant, but if you run formations with Sellers and Duckett in along with Portis, the options open up more coutner plays to whichever side with a big boy blocking for sure.

As for Patten, very true about how he can fill in and fill in well for one of the boys if they go down, hopefully that wont happen.

I just see more use out of Duckett, special teams, goal line, 3 and 1, than what we use Patten for....

As for Davis, I just think he is used up...your career can only last but so long as a power runner, when you lose that, you have nothing else left from what I see.... I just dont think Davis has enough left in the tank to give us what Portis will.

Either way I am happy, and cant wait till Im sitting in the stands on the 11th going HOG WILD :jameo:

kom526

Duckett for draft picks. Depending on how the season goes decides which picks. Patten still here as #4 WR, but there is still time for trading. Who knows? Betts AND Duckett are in contract years, smart money goes on Duckett signing an extension by week 9. Betts will be starting for another team next season.