Hey Mikeinsmd

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Looks like your boy won this one and has taken the overall points lead.

K

Kizzy

:lol: You didn't hear him yelling and screaming?

Kahne gave him a fantastic run, but I'm glad to see Tony get it. It is his home town.

Mike :huggy: there is nothing greater than being a fan of a driver and seeing them WIN!

Mikeinsmd

Ken King said:
Looks like your boy won this one and has taken the overall points lead.
:banana: This is great. Tony said he'd give Greg Zippadelli (crew chief) a $50K bonus if he won. Zippadelli's bank account just grew.... :lol: Gave him a new vette when he won the championship.

After race 26 though, they're back on even ground!!

Heard they took Johnson to a hospital. Post wreck interview, he said it was the hardest hit he's ever had. Ouch!!

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Glad to see Stewart win it, and was kinda hoping Kahne could reel him in a little closer. But Stewart just seemed to focus on being smooth, held his own track, and drove away with it.

Great race!

J. Gordon may have fixed his jinx; he was down as far as 14th, with 30+ laps to go, and managed an 8th place finish. :shrug:

K

Kizzy

Penn :tantrum "reel him in a little closer"

You make it sound like he won by a football field. To be exact, Stewart won by 0.794-seconds -- about 5 car-lengths :bonk:

It was an awful lot closer than you think. :neener:

It was a fantastic race! :cheers:

Mike,

Did they say "why" they took JJ to the hospital? I thought he got out of the car?

Or course, it was on fire. :dork: Hopefully it is nothing. I'm not a JJ fan but out of respect for those that are like NannyPam and Morgie.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ken King

PREMO Member
Mikeinsmd said:
Heard they took Johnson to a hospital. Post wreck interview, he said it was the hardest hit he's ever had. Ouch!!
I think when Johnson said he didn't remember coming into the pit until they were yanking him from the car gives clue that the boy got his bell rung really good.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Kizzy said:
Penn :tantrum "reel him in a little closer"

You make it sound like he won by a football field. To be exact, Stewart won by 0.794-seconds -- about 5 car-lengths :bonk:

It was an awful lot closer than you think. :neener:

It was a fantastic race! :cheers:
Yeah sure! But not side-by-side, like I would have hoped for! :neener:............:lol:

Mikeinsmd

Kizzy said:
Mike, Did they say "why" they took JJ to the hospital? I thought he got out of the car? Or course, it was on fire.
See KK's post. That's wild that he didn't remember driving back to the pits..... :yikes:

K

Kizzy

Mikeinsmd said:
See KK's post. That's wild that he didn't remember driving back to the pits..... :yikes:

Ok - I just saw that. Hummm. Maybe it was just one of those panic things. Hopefully everything is ok.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Mikeinsmd said:
Minor concussion?(if that's a medically accurate phrase)

Ken King

PREMO Member
Penn said:
Minor concussion?(if that's a medically accurate phrase)
Mohammed Ali had several of those too and you can see how he is now. :biggrin: Short term memory loss is a classic symptom for a concussion and definitely requires a period of observation just in case it is more severe.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
We got home from Ga. in time for the last 30 or so laps but had listened to it on the radio until then ... needless to say, DQ was jumping, clapping, hootin' and hollerin' when Tony crossed the bricks. :thewave:

When I heard JJ say post-crash that he didn't remember driving back to pit road, my first thought, too, was 'concussion' and that he oughta get checked out. NASCAR.com's article on the matter says he refused treatment, but I thought a trip to the in-field care center was mandatory following any crash that (essentially) takes out your car, in which case, this did. I wouldn't imagine JJ being able to make a rational decision about treatment so quickly after blacking out, so they shouldn't have allowed him the option, IMO. :ohwell:

CityGrl

Time for a nap
Is it bad that I actually know what you're talking about because I watched the race yesterday?

BF and I were interested in the crashes. There were some pretty good ones (and great camera angles)!

Mikeinsmd

crabcake said:
We got home from Ga. in time for the last 30 or so laps but had listened to it on the radio until then ... needless to say, DQ was jumping, clapping, hootin' and hollerin' when Tony crossed the bricks. When I heard JJ say post-crash that he didn't remember driving back to pit road, my first thought, too, was 'concussion' and that he oughta get checked out. NASCAR.com's article on the matter says he refused treatment, but I thought a trip to the in-field care center was mandatory following any crash that (essentially) takes out your car, in which case, this did. I wouldn't imagine JJ being able to make a rational decision about treatment so quickly after blacking out, so they shouldn't have allowed him the option, IMO. :ohwell:
If they drive the car back to the pits or garage, they're not required to go to the infield care center. Looks like they picked up on his memory loss comment and checked him again.

Mikeinsmd

CityGrl said:
Is it bad that I actually know what you're talking about because I watched the race yesterday?
BF and I were interested in the crashes. There were some pretty good ones (and great camera angles)!
Oh you haven't seen anything!!! Do we have a nascar fan in the making here?? :confused: :yay: