Hey SGI

PeoplesElbow

@stgislander I know you said you have family in this part of the state, have you ever eaten at any of these places?

GoodnessME

@stgislander I know you said you have family in this part of the state, have you ever eaten at any of these places?

I've eaten at Penns Alps..but it has been quite sometime ago. It was rustic and the food was great.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Funny thing is neither my wife nor I have ever eaten at Penn Alps. We plan to over the holidays if they are open.

We've eaten at the Hen House many many times. Some people go there just for their chicken noodle soup.

The Rooster's Nest is "new". For as long as I can remember it was the Hilltop Restaurant. My wife's aunt used to work there. Her aunt and uncle's funeral dinners were there. Basic good family dining. Nothing fancy. I have no idea what it's like now under new ownership.

There is also Cornucopia Café. It's in the same artisan village as Penn Alps. The food is very good, but I see they have reduced their menu. Nothing I would consider a full meal.

Last edited:

stgislander

PREMO Member
Wow. The Rooster's Nest really expanded their menu. I had to scroll way to the bottom to see the entrees. I see they kept the liver and onions though.

I see the have wedgies too. I think those started out as a Pittsburgh thing and expanded out to Southwest PA and Western MD.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I see the have wedgies too.
I remember those from the HS locker room....

PeoplesElbow

Funny thing is neither my wife nor I have ever eaten at Penn Alps. We plan to over the holidays if they are open.

We've eaten at the Hen House many many times. Some people go there just for their chicken noodle soup.

The Rooster's Nest is "new". For as long as I can remember it was the Hilltop Restaurant. My wife's aunt used to work there. Her aunt and uncle's funeral dinners were there. Basic good family dining. Nothing fancy. I have no idea what it's like now under new ownership.

There is also Cornucopia Café. It's in the same artisan village as Penn Alps. The food is very good, but I see they have reduced their menu. Nothing I would consider a full meal.
Thanks, I thought it would be a long shot that anyone on here had eaten at any of these places before.