hey suntrust/ truist folks....

GregV814

didja try to log in to your suntrust on-line account this morning??? was it locked??? couldn't get in??? wait time on the 1-800 number is 25-35 minutes...

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
This is probably the most ill-conceived merger I've ever seen. Each bank had its own cultures that were polar opposites and I don't care what the BBT people say, it wasn't a "merger of equals" but a takeover and BBT was on the crap end of the stick.

I already stopped doing business at the Dunkirk used-to-be BBT branch due to the attitudes of the imported Sun Trust manager and employees (wouldn't allow me to deposit my son's check into his account because he wasn't present and gave me grief about depositing Mrs. NBP's check into our account without her there) and switched back to the Deale branch, which has several former Dunkirk BBT people now.

The length of phone wait time probably means you aren't the only one having the issue.

And the new name is stupid.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
We went with Navy Fed for our local financial place, still have accounts with the old bank in northern Illinois.

PeoplesElbow

This is probably the most ill-conceived merger I've ever seen. Each bank had its own cultures that were polar opposites and I don't care what the BBT people say, it wasn't a "merger of equals" but a takeover and BBT was on the crap end of the stick.

I already stopped doing business at the Dunkirk used-to-be BBT branch due to the attitudes of the imported Sun Trust manager and employees (wouldn't allow me to deposit my son's check into his account because he wasn't present and gave me grief about depositing Mrs. NBP's check into our account without her there) and switched back to the Deale branch, which has several former Dunkirk BBT people now.

The length of phone wait time probably means you aren't the only one having the issue.

And the new name is stupid.
Maybe here, but where there was no SunTrust presence it's been business as usual.

The new name is stupid and the phone app doesn't work nearly as well at depositing checks as the old BB&T one.

rio

We had a truck laon with bb&t. We literally just put together the money to pay it off right as the first payment to truist came due. I liked bb&t, but from past experience, it seems bank mergers never go well.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Our mortgage is with ST. I can truthfully say I've never had an issue with the ST branch in California. Or Charlotte Hall for that matter. The California branch does seem to change branch managers often. My wife was a life long BB&T user (not surprising coming from North Carolina.) until she closed her business account a few years back.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Our mortgage is with ST. I can truthfully say I've never had an issue with the ST branch in California. Or Charlotte Hall for that matter. The California branch does seem to change branch managers often. My wife was a life long BB&T user (not surprising coming from North Carolina.) until she closed her business account a few years back.
That being said, I'm sure Gilligan can chime in but ST Business Banking really screwed the pooch when it can to dishing out PPP funds. Businesses that applied through BB&T got their funds quickly. I seem to remember that by the time ST replied to our application, the money was all used up.

TPD

the poor dad
About 9 years ago, I had a truck loan with RBS Citizens Bank. Easiest bank I've ever dealt with in terms of making an online payment. I'm not normally an online/phone app user - want to see and talk to the people I'm doing business with. No account setup or password required with Citizens at the time. Put in your billing zip code, last 4 of your account #, and payment info - BOOM - payment made! The quickest way ever to make an online payment. Wish they were all this easy - something about setting up an online account with these financial institutions that makes me uncomfortable.

As far as SunTrust - they held my mortgage for 20 years. Never sold it to anyone. Payment coupon book mailed to me every year. Mailed them a check every month. Never had a problem. But I also paid my own taxes and insurance - no escrow to get in the way. That loan was paid off 5 years ago before the merger.

I tried opening a checking account with SunTrust about 3 years ago when they sent me an offer of giving me $100 if I had the account open 90 days and did a monthly EFT, or something like that. In the end, didn't do it because it was just too many hoops to jump through for that $100 - not worth my time. But I do recall the California branch reminding me of being in a DC liquor/lottery store - all the bullet proof glass and small slot for passing my money through and not being able to hear the tellers well. Nope - not for me.

Just recently opened a business checking account with Community Bank - was surprised about all the personal questions they asked me, like what would my average monthly deposit amount be? I don't know - I'm a grain farmer - some months $0, other months tens of thousands of $. Something about watching for fraud if there was activity out of the norm. Yeah - not buying it. I just want a place to put my money and write some checks with a friendly attitude from the tellers - nothing more, nothing less. The mattress is looking more appealing every day. A video posted by @LightRoasted yesterday mentioned trying to start a trend of "cash only Friday". I could probably live with cash only everyday as the government is trying to spy on our bank accounts more.

OldHillcrestGuy

Been a BB&T customer since way back in the days when they took over for whoever they bought out. Ive used the branch in Waldorf at Substation Rd and Old Washington rd. for probably 50yrs. Never a problem with our banking, folks in there were friendly and nice. I always would say, be nice to have a BB&T branch in Charlotte Hall, well guess I have one now with the Sun Trust/BB&T merger. Hope Im happy with them. I noticed last week as I drove past the the branch (BB&T) in Waldorf looks like its closed up. Wasn't a car in the parking lot and this was around noon.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
Been a BB&T customer since way back in the days when they took over for whoever they bought out. Ive used the branch in Waldorf at Substation Rd and Old Washington rd. for probably 50yrs. Never a problem with our banking, folks in there were friendly and nice. I always would say, be nice to have a BB&T branch in Charlotte Hall, well guess I have one now with the Sun Trust/BB&T merger. Hope Im happy with them. I noticed last week as I drove past the the branch (BB&T) in Waldorf looks like its closed up. Wasn't a car in the parking lot and this was around noon.

Maryland Federal Savings and Loan to Maryland Federal Bank and Trust to BBT.

They're closing branches if there's a close one for both companies. The SunTrust in Dunkirk closed and operations were moved to the BBT while the BBT in Prince Frederick was moved to the larger SunTrust building.

OldHillcrestGuy

Maryland Federal Savings and Loan to Maryland Federal Bank and Trust to BBT.

They're closing branches if there's a close one for both companies. The SunTrust in Dunkirk closed and operations were moved to the BBT while the BBT in Prince Frederick was moved to the larger SunTrust building.

Well I guess thats what has happened to my favorite branch, the only Sun Trust in Waldorf is in a horrible location as far as traffic is concerned. Its on Rt. 5 just before 301 by Checkers. No way you are going to make a left turn out of the parking lot. Well guess the Charlotte Hall branch will be our go to bank, besides we arent in Waldorf that much anyway. Now all 3 of my banks (not rich by any means) are within a stone's throw from my back window. Opened a account at M&T when I retired, because we wanted a quick to go to bank, since we wouldnt be in Waldorf as much. Opened a account couple of years ago at Community (just enough to have a account) because of all the perks that went with having a account.

mitzi

Suntrust by Target will take over.

That's good. Thanks. I didn't even know A Suntrust was there. I may actually go to my branch once or twice a year. Surely, if there wasn't one close by I'll need to go.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Is there a Sun Trust, now Truist, in the County? If so, they're probably closing the BBT, now Truist, office and consolidating.
One in the 1st Colony shopping center in California, and one in Charlotte Hall. One across the bridge in Lusby, too.