Hey Tilted!

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!
You better tell that to all the people who keep voting for him over everyone else.

Cruz can't even beat Trump - how the hell is he going to beat Hillary? And Rubio hasn't won a single state yet, and he's not likely to win any of them tomorrow either.

As far as Trump not winning with Latinos or Blacks, you better tell them that because guess what?

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...-of-blacks-line-behind-trump-45-of-hispanics/

40% of Blacks Line Up Behind Trump – 45% of Hispanics

I have no idea what you are basing your opinion on, because it's not reality.

I'd like to actually see the polling break downs. Pro-Trump blogs linking to other pro-Trump blogs that link to other pro-Trump blogs doesn't do it for me. Sorry.

And this is much more recent. Trump only has 6% of the black vote.

http://www.factcheck.org/2016/02/trump-and-the-black-vote/

Hijinx

Hijinx

Trump is a blowhard, loose cannon, who has no experience in Government and no experience in foreign policy.
He lets his alligator mouth over ride his teddy bear ass.

The more outrageous he is the better they like him
Liking him because he is not a politician and because he is outspoken is one thing wanting this con man for President is another.
I like his outspokenness also but I am not convinced he should be President.

Fact is I don't like anyone running, from either party.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Trump is a blowhard, loose cannon, who has no experience in Government and no experience in foreign policy.
He lets his alligator mouth over ride his teddy bear ass.

The more outrageous he is the better they like him
Liking him because he is not a politician and because he is outspoken is one thing wanting this con man for President is another.
I like his outspokenness also but I am not convinced he should be President.

Fact is I don't like anyone running, from either party.

:yay:

One more thing. At this point, it is every American for themselves. No matter how this election turns out, it will not be good. The American people have been shiat upon after years of complacency. Whose fault is that? Answer is the American people, as in 'we'.

Last edited:

BigBlue

It's maddening listening to this. The Trump hysteria is just...it's crazy. These people are literally insane - clinically mentally ill.

I don't know #### all about anything, but one thing has served me well over the years: when massive hordes of hysterical village people are going one way, I go the other. And if the extremists in both political parties are trying to destroy the same thing, that tells me that whatever they're trying to kill is what I should be in support of.

No, you know what is maddening to read from someone who was totally respected on these forums and watch as she becomes a sniveling drone who refuses to look at the truth and when it is presented to her assumes that if "she" doesn't read it it must not be true a hear no evil ,see no evil ,speak no evil thing.According to you the internet is wrong and everyone on it is wrong and any information on it is wrong .You and Bann accuse others of exactly what it was that you two were doing during the Obama elections.The video I posted of Trump himself with David Letterman from years ago shows what a bunch of crap he is ,no pundit ...he was sitting right there when Letterman nailed him on his lies,wake up!:doh::patriot:

PsyOps

Pixelated
I don't think Super Tuesday will tell us much about Mr. Trump's ability to win a general election. I mean, how he does in some areas will give us some insight, yes. But, big picture, I doubt it well reveal anything compelling enough to change the basic problem that I was referring to. Let me try to explain the problem that I was getting at a little differently.

If Trump takes all states except TX (I think Cruz will keep that state), my estimate is – it’s over. Considering what he did in SC – where Cruz was expected to win handily because of the evangelicals – that really changed the dynamic of what we have customarily come to think of how elections would flow.

If Trump takes all states except TX (I think Cruz will keep that state), my estimate is – it’s over. Considering what he did in SC – where Cruz was expected to win handily because of the evangelicals – that really changed the dynamic of what we have customarily come to think of how elections would flow.

Well, Mr. Trump is going to win big today (i.e. with pluralities in most of the states). South Carolina and Nevada were big wins for him because he came out of them facing only one less candidate. That was the most important thing for his prospects, not having several of the remaining candidates drop out. It couldn't have worked out much better for Mr. Trump with four other people still in it going into Super Tuesday and two of them being fairly strong (in terms of how much support they're likely to get, more than single digit support most places).

But I was (and have been in this thread) referring to his prospects in a general election, not in the Republican race.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Looking at it that way - with the understanding that it's more or less just a sophisticated, sometimes less than forthright, blame game - it's not hard to recognize that the thing that has allowed Mr. Trump to take the Republican race by storm is the very thing that makes him near to unelectable (in my assessment) in a national election, assuming there are only two major contenders. Mr. Trump has come out and been clear about who is to blame, on many fronts and on many issues. He’s pointing fingers - those people are to blame, those people are to blame, and those people are to blame. That’s great. People love that. Lots of people agree with him on lots of accounts.

He isn’t being wishy washy about it, (in many regards) he isn't trying to conceal from the THEMS that they are the ones he’s identifying as being to blame (and thus, the ones that will fair worse if he gets the power to do what he apparently thinks should be done). That makes those that don’t think Mr. Trump is pointing fingers at them happy.

I really think this is an exceptionally different election year. You seem to be relying on how elections have been in a sort-of traditional sense. There is an exceptional level of anger; where voters are angry at government as a whole – they blame ALL OF THEM. If we could have our way, every single one of them would be gone. Still the blame game; but certainly in a different sense as one side pinned against the other.

The brilliance of Trump is knowing the timing is right for him to jump in. I really think the anger across the political spectrum is so deep that Trump could take this thing. When we can watch him get away with things no other candidate could ever survive, there is really a different dynamic at play.

The only thing that is missing, is actually defining who Trump is philosophically. We have confirmed that is he the anti-establishment outsider and is the voice of our anger – GREAT! Now, who is he really? I think folks are in for a big surprise.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I've said it before. I'll say it again: hillary is the gop plan b if they can't get rid of trump. She is not far left. She's not even left. She is the establishment and that's nothing more than an observation of the obvious.

No, that's what I think. It's as simple as that and I think you give the citizenry far too much credit for sophisticated thought. But that's nice of you. :yay:

We're on travel and have been listening to talk radio all day, so I've had a steady diet of Rush Limbaugh losing what passes for his mind trying to come up with some conspiracy theory as to why Satan....I mean, Trump only denounced and disavowed David Duke's endorsement all day on Friday and Saturday, but not on Sunday. At least Sean Hannity played a clip of David Duke saying he didn't know Trump personally, and PS he hasn't been involved with the KKK since the 70s. But Rush - who is a Cruz guy and actually did endorsement commercials for him - is trying to convince his listeners that Trump...I'm not sure, and I don't think he really was either, but he said flat out that Trump didn't disavow on Sunday because of sooooooome reeeeeason.........hmmmmmmm.....

So the Dems and the GOP have a common mortal enemy and have now joined forces to do whatever it takes to keep him from getting the nomination. That braying ass Rubio is their puppet, although he hasn't won a single state and it looks like he won't tomorrow, either - yeah, not even his own state because polls say Florida is going big for Trump. But Hannity was talking about some GOP leadership plan - I wasn't paying strict attention - to overturn the results should Trump win the nomination by the votes of us unimportant little peon citizens who clearly don't know what's good for us.

Which would be fine with me. I hope with all my heart this "election" is the death of the Republican party.

Oh, hell no... I don't give the citizenry (as a whole) credit for sophisticated thought. It's quite to the contrary. But most people can understand (and do care when) when it's them who are being blamed for whatever problems are being discussed

And to be clear, the reasons that I don't like Mr. Trump as a potential President are quite different than the reasons I don't think he'd win the general election. Some of the the reasons I don't like him would actually help him in the general election. But I can recognize the reasons why (I think) he'd lose the general even if they aren't the things that would make me not vote for him.

I do think you still misread Democrats when it comes to Mr. Trump. I think they would love to face him in the general (they'd love to face Mr. Cruz as well, btw), especially if they're going to be running Mrs. Clinton. And their rhetoric suggests as much to me, they would like Republican primary voters to feel that Mr. Trump is the one they are scared of- or the one they feel is an especially horrible person.

I do think that Republican leadership, for the most part, would like to figure out a way to keep Mr. Trump from getting the nomination. If he gets enough delegates, he'll be the nominee. But if he only gets more delegates than anyone else, not a majority of them, I think some Republicans may well try to figure out a deal for the remaining delegates to go to someone else to make them the nominee. If they think they can avoid a full on voter revolt, a brokered convention may well go against Mr. Trump.

It won't be long before we get into winner-take-all states though. Most of the states after Super Tuesday - including big ones like California, Florida, Ohio, and Illinois - are winner-take-all. So Mr. Trump could rake up a majority of delegates even with only a plurality of the votes cast in many states if, e.g., both Mr. Cruz and Mr. Rubio stay in the race after Super Tuesday. He has a majority of the delegates now even though he hasn't gotten a majority of the votes cast because South Carolina was winner-take-all. The point is, the system sets up well for him to win (by getting a majority of delegates) if there are multiple candidates left. He could[/] do so without getting 50% of the vote in any state. And if he does that, they aren't going to be able to keep him from being the nominee. That would cause enough of a voter revolt to ensure that they'd lose the White House any way and do real damage to the party going forward (I think Mr. Trump as the nominee would do damage to the party going forward as well, but that's a whole other conversation.)

TheLibertonian

I've said it before. I'll say it again: hillary is the gop plan b if they can't get rid of trump. She is not far left. She's not even left. She is the establishment and that's nothing more than an observation of the obvious.

See, I consider her far more threatening for her aristocratic desires then her mere political stances.

Take credit for it if you want. The fix is in on both sides of the aisle. We the People are getting in the way of our masters and they will not stand for that. Trump may win the popular vote and the delegates that go along with it, but you mark my words he will not be the nominee.

The fix can't be in because, if Mr. Trump doesn't win the nomination, we can't have our general election wager. :frown:

PsyOps

Pixelated

Either I have lost the concept of what 'left-right' is or you have.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The fix can't be in because, if Mr. Trump doesn't win the nomination, we can't have our general election wager. :frown:

We don't have a wager anyway because I don't think he will get the nomination and neither do you. We can wager on whether or not Hillary will be our next president - I say she will be. How about you?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Either I have lost the concept of what 'left-right' is or you have.

It's Larry. However the Lefties are constantly redefining everything about themselves, so perhaps they now consider hard left "mainstream moderate" and there's something even further to the left than that.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
We don't have a wager anyway because I don't think he will get the nomination and neither do you. We can wager on whether or not Hillary will be our next president - I say she will be. How about you?

:jet: Oooh! Then the wager can be between you and Tilted and me and ...?

PsyOps

Pixelated
It's Larry. However the Lefties are constantly redefining everything about themselves, so perhaps they now consider hard left "mainstream moderate" and there's something even further to the left than that.

I always tend to think of how people look at left-right as relative to where they are. Obama is really far left (from my point of view), but from Obama's point of view, anyone a little right of him - even though they are left - is right wing.

I suppose you're right about Larry, that he has gone so far left that he actually does see Hillary as right wing.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If they think they can avoid a full on voter revolt, a brokered convention may well go against Mr. Trump.

Brokered convention - that's the term Hannity used. But I don't know what that means and will look it up right now.

You're playing a traditional numbers game in an unusual election. "They" are saying that if everyone else drops out and it's down to Trump and Cruz, all those votes will go to Cruz - I don't believe that. "They" are also saying that in a standard Dem vs. Rep matchup, Hillary will get every single Dem vote and Republicans will stay home rather than vote for Trump - I don't believe that either. The heads are gushing about how well-loved Hillary is, and that is flat out plain bull####. I know any number of Democrats who have been lifelong devoted, and were enormous cheerleaders and apologists for Bill Clinton, but they loathe Hillary Clinton and are quite vocal about their refusal to vote for her. They won't vote Republican instead, they will simply stay home or write in Sanders. But the numbers for Hillary aren't there the way the media keeps saying they are.

I've been saying for years that traditional conservativism is dying. We no longer want to snoop in peoples' bedrooms and wombs and worry about their private lives. We are no longer devout Christians. We are no longer hardline on fiscal policy. Conservatives have moved toward the middle, which I think is a good thing, but it's made Dems move further to the left to keep that chasm nice and wide.