Hey Yooper!

This_person

I've finally hit the big time!

(45° 57' 28" N / 86° 14' 47" W)

--- End of line (MCP)
Are you from the UP? I always assumed so from your name, but I always referred to those from the UP as "hey dare"s. Because, in the mornin' you say "hey dare" to people, eh?

This_person

I just put the coordinates into the Google machine - that's a blast from the past. I used to own some land outside of Thompson, down Little Harbor Road. When I was 18, I decided to waste my money on land instead of spending it wisely on wine, women, and song. When I sold it close to 20 years later I think the paper mill was running so I actually made money on the land.

Beautiful area! Congrats on making the big time.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
I just put the coordinates into the Google machine - that's a blast from the past. I used to own some land outside of Thompson, down Little Harbor Road. When I was 18, I decided to waste my money on land instead of spending it wisely on wine, women, and song. When I sold it close to 20 years later I think the paper mill was running so I actually made money on the land.

Beautiful area! Congrats on making the big time.
Thanks!

Not a huge fan of the Lake Michigan side (for us Lake Superior is, well, superior; especially, Munising and points west), but Manistique is really quite nice. And a bit less cold. The drive to "anywhere" though is a bit on the long side....

--- End of line (MCP)

This_person

Thanks!

Not a huge fan of the Lake Michigan side (for us Lake Superior is, well, superior; especially, Munising and points west), but Manistique is really quite nice. And a bit less cold. The drive to "anywhere" though is a bit on the long side....

--- End of line (MCP)
My grandmother spent a lot of time with family/friends there, my dad spent summers there as a child. He was taking his mom to visit when he brought back the paper that showed the land for sale.

I tried swimming in the lake up there. August, certainly time for it to be warm. I think the water temperature was in the 50s and I couldn't feel my feet by the time my knees were in the water. That was the only time I tried swimming in Lake MI that far north.

You say "a bit less cold", like the Atlantic is a bit less wet than the Pacific :lol: But, I love the snow, so....